We are trying to tun off the Hud Text on the dedicated server can anyone help out. The text I mean is the blue text displayed when you change throttle, prop pitch and other function of the plane.

Knight

We are trying to tun off the Hud Text on the dedicated server can anyone help out. The text I mean is the blue text displayed when you change throttle, prop pitch and other function of the plane.

Knight

i think you need to change a line in the conf ini file,there was a thread about this a while back.sure someone will sort you out!

JG52 The Butcherbirds

In the config.ini file change the value of the NoHudLog from 0 to 1.

Did not work any other approach for Dedicated Servers.

Knight

TRy in community help,you might catch Tully or Hunter!

JG52 The Butcherbirds

Tully__'s Avatar Global Moderator
    This section of conf.ini:

[game]
    Arcade=0
    HighGore=0
    mapPadX=0.6738281
    mapPadY=-0.037760418
    viewSet=38
    Intro=0
    NoSubTitles=0
    NoChatter=0
    NoHudLog=0
    NoLensFlare=1
    iconTypes=3
    eventlog=eventlog.lst
    eventlogkeep=1

Change NoHudLog=0 to NoHudLog=1, but I think it's up to the client. Without testing I can't be sure that the host setting is enforced on all clients.....

=================================================

IL2 Forums Moderator
    Forum Terms of Use
    Tully's X-45 profile (SST drivers)

Salut
    Tully

Troll2k's Avatar Senior Member
    I believe the hud messages are on the client side not the server's.It is up to the individual to turn them off.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RAF238thKnight:

Knight </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

GISTAND (I FOUND A WAY TO REMOVE HUD TEXT!!!)

In one of the "read me" files there is a reference about "Notes on Using, Modifying and Replacing the Voice Files and Radio Chatter Text Messages".....To make a long story short, I was able to get rid "ALL" text from the HUD..Still working on getting rid of the right-hand text ex. Engine on, Flaps down...etc!!!
    First, I opened up the "Il8n" folder in the main root folder of IL2-1946..Then I "double clicked" on the "hud_msg" PROPERTIES File inside the folder, which is the english file...Then I used notepad to open this file ,which changed all the other files to Notepad type files in the I18n folder...In the read me file it made a reference which says.."Please always remember that the left column of this text is the names of files and the right column is the messages that will be displayed on the screen simultaneously with the sounding the voice files, so do not change the left column".
    Well I HIT THE JACKPOT!!!!...What I did was took my time and deleted the "right-hand" column text which was long tedius process and saved the file, and opened or started up IL2-1946, started with a single American mission and what I got was the Audio, but "NO" text in upper-left corner of Hud area!!!!!
    You can do to the same thing with the "hud_msg_de(German) file, "hud_msg_fr(French), and the hud_msg_pl(Polish) files also!!!...To speed up the the process I made a copy of the "hud_msg" (the English file...) and pasted it on my Desktop and changed the last (2) letters of the French, Polish and German files..Example: hud_msg_pl..and copied the file back into the I18 folder and got a message "Do I want to replace the "hud_msg_pl" file..inwhich I clicked yes or ok...I did all the other files the same way and IT WORK!!!...I also made or changed all of the non-English speech files to english versions..so if I fly as a Russian pilot I would here any audio messages in English!!!...There is a link in the Forum on how the change the non-English Speech file to English..(Note: I used the same process with the "Speech" files as I did with the I18 hud message files)
    I have beed trying to solve the Hud Text problem ever since I built my new "Gaming System" using Vista Ultimate 32Bit operating system!!!...(Note: Under Windows Xp there was no problem in changing the config file!!! But Vista IT WAS ANOTHER STORY!!!)
    I had been through the whole Pacific Fighter forum and "NO" one had the answer and fix under Windows Vista Ultimate 32Bit!!!
    I had to share this "HUD FIX" with the other guys and girls on the Forum..I've have gotten a lot of help and problems resolved for Pacific Fighters, IL2-1946...and any other UBISOFT sim I had or have!! ...I HOPE THIS WILL HELP OTHERS!!!!

System:
    -Intel Core 2 Q6600 Quad
    -DFI LANPARTY UT X48 T2R
    -4 Gigs OZC Reaper Edition DDR2 PC2-8500 ram
    -(2)Sapphire ATI HD 4870 in crossfire mode
    -Case: Apevia X-Jupiter S-Type Aluminum full
    tower
    -Thermaltake Toughpower 1200 watt PSU
    -Western Digital 750 Gig SATA HD
    -Coolmaster Gemini II Dual 120mm fan cpu cooler...
    -Microsoft Vista Ultimate 32Bit OS