Thread: far cry 3 :autopatch system has stopped working | Forums

  1. #1

    far cry 3 :autopatch system has stopped working

    hey guys

    i recently bought far cry 3 in the store on a cd : i installed it and made an uplay acount i typed in the CD key and registered my game.
    i tried to start it up and then i got an error message ----> "mfc100.dll " . i fixed it by downloading a program off the internet so everything was ok i tried to launch the game again but THEN i got another error -----> AUTOPATCH HAS STOPPED WORKING
    DOES ENYONE KNOW WHAT IT IS AND HOW TO FIX IT .




    greetings : liamiscool
    Share this post

  2. #2
    I have the same problem: AUTOPATCH HAS STOPPED WORKING. Please help!
    Share this post

  3. #3

    Far Cry3

    Originally Posted by john5de Go to original post
    I have the same problem: AUTOPATCH HAS STOPPED WORKING. Please help!
    sorry to hear your problems.....wish i could help!!!but how the hell did you enter your code.....got a uplay account

    but...cant find anywhere to enter the code!!!

    thinking.......want my money back!!
    Share this post

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by liamiscool Go to original post
    hey guys

    i recently bought far cry 3 in the store on a cd : i installed it and made an uplay acount i typed in the CD key and registered my game.
    i tried to start it up and then i got an error message ----> "mfc100.dll " . i fixed it by downloading a program off the internet so everything was ok i tried to launch the game again but THEN i got another error -----> AUTOPATCH HAS STOPPED WORKING
    DOES ENYONE KNOW WHAT IT IS AND HOW TO FIX IT .




    greetings : liamiscool
    Hi all,

    I had this problem for almost 2 weeks, until Ubisoft finally got back to me for the 3rd time. Matt B. from Ubisoft gave me the following advice, and it fixed it! I've played over 10 hours in the past few days.

    Note: the top part, about running as admin, didn't apply to me, and I didn't need to do it (I'm on Windows XP SP3). The only thing I did was the 2nd part (steps 4-7), about making the shortcut, and editing it with the additional portion in quotes.

    Here's the quote from Ubisoft:

    1. Navigate to the FC3 folder:

    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Far Cry 3\bin\

    2. Locate FarCry3.exe
    a. Right Click and select properties
    b. In the compatibility tab select the option to run as admin

    3. Follow steps a & b for Farcry3_d3d11.exe
    4. Create a shortcut on your desktop for whichever version you want to use.
    5. Right click on the shortcut and select Properties.
    6. Set the Target to:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Far Cry 3\bin\farcry3_d3d11.exe" "-uplay_steam_mode"

    (Remember to include the quotation marks and change C to which ever drive the game is installed to.)

    7. Apply changes and launch the game from the icon.

    This should force the game to launch up in the Steam version of Uplay, without launching Steam or requesting the FC3UpdaterSteam.exe to launch.

    From here, I was able to (1) input (copy-paste) my CD Key from Steam into Uplay (which I wasn't able to before), (2) play the game from Uplay (no Steam starting needed)!
    Share this post

  5. #5

    Fix not working...

    Just bought Farcry 3 on the Steam sale, and am having this same issue. I tried maximuspeto's fix, and it does not work. When I try to launch from the new shortcut, I just get a message that "Farcry 3 has stopped working." before it even opens. Grrrr! Any ideas?


    Originally Posted by maximuspeto Go to original post
    Hi all,

    I had this problem for almost 2 weeks, until Ubisoft finally got back to me for the 3rd time. Matt B. from Ubisoft gave me the following advice, and it fixed it! I've played over 10 hours in the past few days.

    Note: the top part, about running as admin, didn't apply to me, and I didn't need to do it (I'm on Windows XP SP3). The only thing I did was the 2nd part (steps 4-7), about making the shortcut, and editing it with the additional portion in quotes.

    Here's the quote from Ubisoft:

    1. Navigate to the FC3 folder:

    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Far Cry 3\bin\

    2. Locate FarCry3.exe
    a. Right Click and select properties
    b. In the compatibility tab select the option to run as admin

    3. Follow steps a & b for Farcry3_d3d11.exe
    4. Create a shortcut on your desktop for whichever version you want to use.
    5. Right click on the shortcut and select Properties.
    6. Set the Target to:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Far Cry 3\bin\farcry3_d3d11.exe" "-uplay_steam_mode"

    (Remember to include the quotation marks and change C to which ever drive the game is installed to.)

    7. Apply changes and launch the game from the icon.

    This should force the game to launch up in the Steam version of Uplay, without launching Steam or requesting the FC3UpdaterSteam.exe to launch.

    From here, I was able to (1) input (copy-paste) my CD Key from Steam into Uplay (which I wasn't able to before), (2) play the game from Uplay (no Steam starting needed)!
    Share this post

  6. #6

    i didnt get it what u actually meant by "setting the target..."

    I far cry blood dragon and i want know is the process same cause i didnt find it the same so can u help me!!!!
    Share this post

  7. #7
    WID992007's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,957
    1) open task manager, (Win key + X) find the following process: UbisoftGameLauncher.exe, and end the process.


    2) After that, go to add \ remove programs in your windows control panel


    (press win key + X select apps and features .. look on the right side and select Programs and features) .


    select uninstall UPlay and then exit once its done


    3) Download and reinstall Uplay PC from https://uplay.ubi.com , as this will update the client to the latest version .


    4) Launch the game again.


    If you are still having issues , please go to the Support site for your region and open a support ticket, try webchat or
    initiate a phone call direct to support (if available for your region )
    you can find phone number\ support options \ and support hours information @ https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Contact#en-gb
    Share this post

  8. #8
    I wonder why this game crashes so much in so many ways on the PC version. my copy worked fine for years until the other day. So far I've been waiting nearly all day for Ubisoft to help me out and do they care? Not a jot.
    Share this post