MasterAssasin84's Avatar Senior Member

Next Assassins Creed could be heading to Brazil

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...to-brazil.aspx

Although a rumour you guys really need to read this.

ProdiGurl's Avatar Senior Member
    Hmm - so what historic event could they choose there if Connor's the Assassin? I think the majority will be happy if it's just not America again.

pirate1802's Avatar AC Expert

Originally Posted by ProdiGurl Go to original post
    Hmm - so what historic event could they choose there if Connor's the Assassin? I think the majority will be happy if it's just not America again.

For all we know they could be looking at the possibility at setting it in modern day ? or could be even the Amazon Indians ? who knows ?

But as Pirate said India would have been a good choice especialy as Alex Hutchinson has been talking about India .

dxsxhxcx's Avatar Senior Member
    like I said in another thread talking about this, Bertrand Chaverot said that Ubisoft already collected some data about the country in the case they want to use it as a setting (they probably already did this with many countries at this point), but the article doesn't say anything about the NEXT game being set in Brazil, just that this setting could be a possibility for a future AC game.

Originally Posted by dxsxhxcx Go to original post
    like I said in another thread talking about this, Bertrand Chaverot said that Ubisoft already collected some data about the country in the case they want to use it as a setting (they probably already did this with many countries at this point), but the article doesn't say anything about the NEXT game being set in Brazil, just that this setting could be a possibility for a future AC game.

We are not saying its concrete and we are not suggesting that it is going to Brazil it's just an article that was released this morning by game informer saying that its a possibility !!

Thats why it say a potential setting and a rumour !!

dxsxhxcx's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by ghostsniper6 Go to original post
    We are not saying its concrete and we are not suggesting that it is going to Brazil it's just an article that was released this morning by game informer saying that its a possibility !!Thats why it say a potential setting and a rumour !!
    I know but in another thread where this was being discussed they gave the idea that Brazil is already confirmed as the setting, when according to my understanding of the original article from Techtudo, Bertrand Chaverot said that this setting could be a possibility in a future AC game, I just wanted to make things clear before people start to think that the next game will be set in Brazil when there's nothing in the article that confirms that..

TOMatXL's Avatar Member
    Brazil?? Okay, Climb the Cristo statue, synchronise and then leap into a garbage pile in the favela's and that's it?

No seriously, it's a wonderful country apart from the poverty unfortunately but I really wonder, if with any future game of AC, how they would use it as a (historical) setting? Then again, I thought that too right after Revelations when I saw the AC3 setting and I think it's the best one because of the immersion and the frontier... so I'm sure whatever they choose, it's gonna be good!

But if they mean Brazil to be a possible setting for the future modern time for the story of Desmond, then I say hell no! Just because this means that they would put more time in that story because of the artwork of the beautiful Brazilian scenery and you have to play a lot more with Desmond. Max Payne already went there and did that.

Playing an assassin in modern times with that lazy Desmond guy just doensn't work imo like they did it up to now. running with that a silly hoody sweater and jeans, that doesn't stand out in modern day like the respected attire in those historical settings. In itself, Desmond looks like a loser and putting on that sweater hood and giving him that pocket knive should not get him very far when faced authorities. They would then at least let him gear up like Sam Fisher but that's no AC anymore for me...

Originally Posted by dxsxhxcx Go to original post
    I know but in another thread where this was being discussed they gave the idea that Brazil is already confirmed as the setting, when according to my understanding of the original article from Techtudo, Bertrand Chaverot said that this setting could be a possibility in a future AC game, I just wanted to make things clear before people start to think that the next game will be set in Brazil when there's nothing in the article that confirms that..
    Did I say there was anything in that article to confirm that !! read my post !! it clearly starts with although a rumor !!

pirate1802's Avatar AC Expert
    Originally Posted by TOMatXL Go to original post
    Brazil?? Okay, Climb the Cristo statue, synchronise and then leap into a garbage pile in the favela's and that's it?
    That brings back all those fond MW2 memories.. That was one of the best missions in the game.

and giving him that pocket knive should not get him very far when faced authorities. They would then at least let him gear up like Sam Fisher but that's no AC anymore for me...
    The problem with Modern-day ACs in general. I wish every person wanting a full Modern AC understood this. You can have your game, but it would not just be AC. It would be Splinter Cell.