Is it possible / likely to get a patch that allows background music?

Probably the biggest (and one of very few) faults I have with AC3 is the lack of background music while travelling. The music in AC has always been stellar, and AC3 is no different. It's a real shame for me to not hear moer of this great music while free roaming around. Even if they could bring in a patch or something that just plays a few songs on loop, there is music that plays during missions which would fit free roaming perfectly.

I don't know how programming and stuff works, but I think surely this shouldn't be too much of a hassle, as all the content is already there, it just needs to activate during free roam as opposed to just during missions. I do like hearing the sounds of the forest and things but music overall increases the enjoyment for me, and there is a slider for music so you can always turn it down if you want to do some hunting etc.

Really would like to see this back in and it seems like a more reasonable and likely thing for them to implement compared to some other suggestions (Multiplayer naval battles, for example)

Kind of want this. There's too many quiet parts. I get into fights, just to hear music, sometimes. I still remember how epic if felt, hearing Jesper Kyde's music from AC 2, running through the rooftops of venice.

Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    The worst part is, there is actually ambient music that works so well for free roam, BUT... and I say it with great grief.. those are only during missions..Who`s bright Idea was this ??

Originally Posted by Assassin_M Go to original post
    The worst part is, there is actually ambient music that works so well for free roam, BUT... and I say it with great grief.. those are only during missions..Who`s bright Idea was this ??
    devs got lazy. like they did in alot of parts in this game imo. still a great game, but to me it seems like they said " WOOT! finally we finished the frontier map! ok now lets get to the other parts! uh oh, not enough time! throw in some crap, and call it a game"

Originally Posted by TrueAssassin77 Go to original post
    devs got lazy. like they did in alot of parts in this game imo. still a great game, but to me it seems like they said " WOOT! finally we finished the frontier map! ok now lets get to the other parts! uh oh, not enough time! throw in some crap, and call it a game"
    I would not call them lazy, because Music is barely any work...

I think they may have actually done this on purpose thinking that people may like it.. :|

ACfan443's Avatar Senior Member
    This was my thought since I first started playing it. The music is actually good, and it works really well, especially the music for the frontier, but unfortunately like you said, it's only playing during missions.

I'd actually love a patch that would allow the music to play during free roam. It just feels empty without it.

EDIT: or if the devs are really keen on this non music idea, I would propose they make a patch where players can switch music on/off in the options menu.

Originally Posted by ACfan443 Go to original post
    This was my thought since I first started playing it. The music is actually good, and it works really well, especially the music for the frontier, but unfortunately like you said, it's only playing during missions.

I'd actually love a patch that would allow the music to play during free roam. It just feels empty without it.
    I just hope they actually listen and not give us the "Removable armor breaks the game" treatment

ACfan443's Avatar Senior Member
    I just hope they actually listen and not give us the "Removable armor breaks the game" treatment
    Agreed. This is all constructive feedback and they should use it wisely

Music has been such a big part of AC it is a shame not to hear much of it in AC3. I spend a lot of time wandering and exploring - not doing missions and it does get lonely out there in woods with no music.

I think they decided to leave it out to create a more "real" feeling while in the Frontier, especially with the animals and all that. You can hear leaves crunching underfoot, hear rabbits.... making that noise they make (squeaking?) hear bears roaring etc etc.. So I think they were wanting to put emphasis on the sounds of the forest (and I guess the city too)

But as M said the music in the missions is absolutely perfect for free roam, and if we want to hear the ambient sounds we could mute the music ourselves. It's cool when you're hunting to have total silence except for the sounds of the forest, sure, but what about the hours spent chasing almanacs and chests and trinkets? =\

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►