Naval Help.

Hey guys, I'm trying to complete this game with 100% sync, but to do so some of the naval missions require you to destroy frigates by shooting their week spot, ie the explosive barrels that become visible when the ships hull becomes exposed, only problem is I have only ever managed this on random occasions I have no idea how to do it on purpose, is there a certain type of ammunition to be used or a certain point to hit the ship for this to happen? Any help would be appreciated.

Originally Posted by JonnyisNQ Go to original post
    Hey guys, I'm trying to complete this game with 100% sync, but to do so some of the naval missions require you to destroy frigates by shooting their week spot, ie the explosive barrels that become visible when the ships hull becomes exposed, only problem is I have only ever managed this on random occasions I have no idea how to do it on purpose, is there a certain type of ammunition to be used or a certain point to hit the ship for this to happen? Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/assassins-creed-iii/177994-giant-storm-100-sync.html

Basically use chain shot to tear down their sails, next align yourself for a head on ram, then before impact come to complete stop from full sail. The frigates should be exposed after 1 or 2 hits, the man o war takes a little longer, which is why after a few attempts with no success, i basically went after the man o war first immediately after the 5 boats are destroyed without using chain shot, I would try to ram it head on only slowing to half sails a second before impact. I found this to work for me because i already had the upgraded ram and i could save time eliminating it first since using the chain shot method on it would take forever and I would most of the time destroy it or it me cause it can first 360* . Anyway the idea is ram the ship but come to a complete stop before you make contact so not to destroy the boat and then fire the swivel gun into the weak spot.

Thank you very much, I'v been trying to figure this out for the past half an hour haha.