1. #1

    Couple AC/3 Questions, regarding the story [spoilers]

    So I've got some questions regarding Assassin's Creed 3 and the previous games. I have yet to beat the main story of AC3, but I have beaten the previous ones. So if any of the answers come up in the future of this game please just notify me of that instead of spoiling it, I would really appreciate it.

    1) From my understanding, when Desmond goes into the animus he relives his ancestors past through his DNA or something like that right? How in the world is Desmond related to Conner?? Obviously he isn't related to Conner's mom because she is full blood native. And considering Haythem is a Templar, since when were the Templar's and the Assassin's related? It would make more sense if you were related to the old man...

    *S*P*O*I*L*E*R*
    2) *In the story, I just got to the point where I am working alongside Haythem to get to Church, why would Connor not kill Haythem ASAP? As he is the leader of the Templar's in America, why not just end him then?*

    3) How does Connor know who is father is? As obviously the old man doesn't know, but there is nothing in the story where his mom even gives him a hint that he is half British. Also how does Haythem know Connor is his son?

    4) I know this is in the previous games, but how come when you kill an important target, you get to have a conversation with them, usually getting information you need ect. ect.? I've never understood this in the Assassin's Creed games.

    P.S. I LOVE THIS GAME! Much better than all the previous ones minus some mechanical glitches, which are easily looked passed when you put into context how large and detailed everything is.

    Random thoughts: Anyone else notice in this new game the developers have used a tremendous amount of triangles? Also does anyone hate NY and winter in this game as much as I do?

    - Thanks
    Share this post

  2. #2
    SpitfireSpud's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    236
    Eh.. have you played the ACIII game yet? or even any other Assassins game??

    Haytham Kenyway is Connors dad... Haytham was an Assassin... not Connors mom. He was turned when he was a young boy.. due to the fact that Haythams father was an Assassin, and a Templar that despised Haythams father, decided that the best thing to do was to turn Haytham into a Templar...

    Connor knows Haytham is his father, as he had his fathers journal, he was reading it at the start of Connors missions, when his mother caught him reading it, and he threw it under the make shift shelf/table in their hut...

    Connors dad would have know that she was pregnant, they would have probably talked about this...
    Share this post

  3. #3
    I'm assuming you spoiled some of the story? Because I have no recollection of Haythem/father being an assassin.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    AdrianJacek's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    264
    Haytham was NOT an Assassin. Read the emails - Shaun explains that he got his hidden blades from an unknown source but remarks that they're really handy and he's suprised more Templars didn't use them across the ages.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Rithrius's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    305
    1) Haytham is a decendant of Ezio and was born into the Assassin's brotherhood, but converted to the Templar cause at some point.

    2) Connor believed Assassins and Templars could work together or at least make peace.

    3) Most likely, Connor's mother told him who his father was, and why he was never around. It would also make sense that Haytham used Eagle Vision and recognized who Connor was when he first saw him.

    4) Meh, plot device.
    Share this post

  6. #6
    SpitfireSpud's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    236
    Originally Posted by Rithrius Go to original post
    1) Haytham is a decendant of Ezio and was born into the Assassin's brotherhood, but converted to the Templar cause at some point.

    2) Connor believed Assassins and Templars could work together or at least make peace.

    3) Most likely, Connor's mother told him who his father was, and why he was never around. It would also make sense that Haytham used Eagle Vision and recognized who Connor was when he first saw him.

    4) Meh, plot device.
    As Rithrius explained, as in bold... He converted to the Templar order... His father was an Assassin... He learned from him, and then a rival Templar Agent who hated Haythams father[Connors Grandfather] turned Haytham, in a way to get back at his father, and at the Assassin order...

    It was like THE GREAT PURGE and Daniel Cross...

    And Pepper, its not an actual spoiler, you probably missed the info about Haythams father in the game... but here is the actual info... http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Haytham_Kenway

    If you don't want to read it? then you don't have to...
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Legendz54's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    2,673
    Originally Posted by Rithrius Go to original post
    1) Haytham is a decendant of Ezio and was born into the Assassin's brotherhood, but converted to the Templar cause at some point.

    2) Connor believed Assassins and Templars could work together or at least make peace.

    3) Most likely, Connor's mother told him who his father was, and why he was never around. It would also make sense that Haytham used Eagle Vision and recognized who Connor was when he first saw him.

    4) Meh, plot device.
    Since when did it say hes from Ezio??
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Silhouelle's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ireland.
    Posts
    304
    Originally Posted by Pepperz90 Go to original post
    3) How does Connor know who is father is? As obviously the old man doesn't know, but there is nothing in the story where his mom even gives him a hint that he is half British. Also how does Haythem know Connor is his son?
    Because at the very beginning of our play time with Connor, the first few seconds of the first cutscene show him holding and reading Haytham's journal. His mum comes in and he drops and attempts to hide it. I am very surprised no one seemed to catch that.

    Secondly, we see a grand total of like 2min with Connor and his mum, so there isn't anything in the story that doesn't suggest she told him of Haytham either. Especially considering she taught him english and how to read. Its not spelled out, sure, but that doesn't mean the info isn't there for those who look.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    SpitfireSpud's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    236
    Originally Posted by Silhouelle Go to original post
    Because at the very beginning of our play time with Connor, the first few seconds of the first cutscene show him holding and reading Haytham's journal. His mum comes in and he drops and attempts to hide it. I am very surprised no one seemed to catch that.

    Secondly, we see a grand total of like 2min with Connor and his mum, so there isn't anything in the story that doesn't suggest she told him of Haytham either. Especially considering she taught him english and how to read. Its not spelled out, sure, but that doesn't mean the info isn't there for those who look.
    I noticed the journal, thats the reason why I mentioned it in my earlier post
    Share this post

  10. #10
    Silhouelle's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ireland.
    Posts
    304
    Originally Posted by halolma Go to original post
    I noticed the journal, thats the reason why I mentioned it in my earlier post
    Hadn't actually read any of the other responses I'll admit lol. You say Connor's mom isn't an assassin though, how do we know that? I noticed during one of Haytham's missions where you meet her and the three other natives, that they are using Assassin Tomahawks. Then theres that Connor is told Achilles helped Ziio out at some point with something.
    Share this post