Hello, i had this same problem, and i tried the solution to run in compatibility mode. However, this did not work (as it never does), and this seemed to be what people found as the solution.
    I am installing the game from a CD btw.
    I searched a bit more and found that it's a problem with the Windows 8 TEMP and TMP (temporary) folders.

The locations of the these folders can be configured from the Control Panel > System > Advanced > Environment Variables dialogue box.
    I changed the temporary folders from:

"%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp" and
    "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Tmp" to:

"C:\Temp" and
    "C:\Tmp"

This fixed my problem. Hope it helps for those of you who didn't get it working the easy way

Ubi-Lhainiev's Avatar Moderator
    Thanks for updating us Qgutt! and glad you got it working.

I'm just reinstalling my games onto a fresh Windows 8 install and I came across this issue, which I fixed by setting the disc's setup.exe to Windows 7 compatibility. I'm amazed that we even have to do this as the game is not that old and worked fine on Windows 7 (Windows 8 is not that different) but that's Ubisoft for you, I guess.

I have it working on Windows 8. All you need to do is locate the Driver sf installer in downloads and right click on it. Then click on properties and change the compatibility to windows 7. Then run it as normal and it should work

no need to make a ticket or call them just put compability to windows xp service pack 3 works like a charm on windows 8 pro
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\cache\installers\13\setup.exe

open up command prompt on win8
    You can open up the location where the setup.exe is found and then,
    say if its in E Drive
    then type
    E:
    now it would have entered E drive. Type setup.exe -i GUI

E:\> setup.exe -i GUI

this will help you out i guess.

Although this works fine, it will start the installation process on windows 8, but I couldn't finish the entire installation. since there were some errors during the installation process at the end. And I couldn't launch the game. I was asked to download an update patch for the game but that too has to be run in the same way as told before from the command prompt. Finally I couldn't run the game which is totally insane.

yeah windows xp compatibility mode saves the day again

Originally Posted by samevo8 Go to original post
    I've Googled this problem but haven't found any fixes for my particular situation. I am trying to install Driver San Francisco via Uplay on my Windows 8 computer. However, I receive the message:

Has anyone experienced this issue on Uplay and fixed it?

Thanks.
    I have the solution, if you use windows 8 just go in the game folder right click on the icon with the title autorun> click Properties> click the Compatibility tab, and change the compatibility mode for windows 7, is ready just install normally.

how to install driver san on windows 8

Originally Posted by samevo8 Go to original post
    I've Googled this problem but haven't found any fixes for my particular situation. I am trying to install Driver San Francisco via Uplay on my Windows 8 computer. However, I receive the message:

Has anyone experienced this issue on Uplay and fixed it?

Thanks.
    I have experienced the same problem on windows 8 , what you do is: open the cd or image and right click on installer(setup or installer) then properties, and compatibility , change it to (run in windows 7) and run as administrator and the program will install..Killer_sa1.....enjoy.

if you are having problems installing Driver San Fran after the download AKA install just crashes and nothing happens ect fallow these instructions

1. go to username\AppData\Local\Temp\DriverSF\Disk1\InstDat a\

then there should be zipped files in there resource1 part1-8 and a setup

2. right click setup and go to properties and compatibility put it in windows XP SP3 and make sure you click run as admin as well

this will fix your problem I have windows 8.1 and this worked for me and you will have to go in and do the same compatibility for the game exe file where ever you installed it. After it is installed so it will run.