sound very good.i know the sim must be almost
    finished,i also know its time to let AOD rest
    so maybe you at in the DEV team could release a
    addon disk "Dynamic Campaign" (AOD style) sales
    would incress 10 fold,SH3 graphics are top notch
    lets not waste them,its been along time since AOD
    lets hope UBI can step up and place SH3 on the top
    of the list,as the best sub sim ever -Happy Hunting

The problem is that the devs/UBI may not agree with your asumption that a dynamic campaign would really increase their sales. The problem is that the hardcore subsimmers are only a very small fraction of the target customers and for the walmart crowd a dynamic campaign simply isn't THAT important since they won't play the game long enough to see that a scripted campaign get boring quite fast.

I somehow can't believe that the devs would ignore the most important feature requested by the comunity, the dynamic campaign. So I'm still hoping...

you may be right ParaB,but i hope your wrong
    ;-) my guess is that most players of sub sims
    are hardcore,maybe the mod makers can make a
    Dynamic Campaign with this new version. i'll
    keep my fingers crossed. cya on the Pond

Bowfin

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ParaB:
    The problem is that the devs/UBI may not agree with your asumption that a dynamic campaign would really increase their sales. The problem is that the hardcore subsimmers are only a very small fraction of the target customers and for the walmart crowd a dynamic campaign simply isn't THAT important since they won't play the game long enough to see that a scripted campaign get boring quite fast.

I somehow can't believe that the devs would ignore the most important feature requested by the comunity, the dynamic campaign. So I'm still hoping...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like i said in another thread..."arcade folk" RUIN true sims!! those bastards

The problem is without the sales of the "arcade folk" the "true simmers" wouldn't have a sim at all.

Simple economics.

In order to achieve commercial success and thereby justify the immense production costs a game today has to cater to a rather large audience.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The problem is that the hardcore subsimmers are only a very small fraction of the target customers and for the walmart crowd a dynamic campaign simply isn't THAT important since they won't play the game long enough to see that a scripted campaign get boring quite fast.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure, at look what a resounding success that assumption proved to be for SHII and Destroyer Command (anybody heard of where that hulk sunk? It disappeared from shelves about six minutes after it got put up there, and I'm pretty sure that I didn't see any copies move through the checkout lines).

But heck, it's Ubi's money.

If they insist on being idiots, let them. It's not like I can't find something else to spend my money on.

One other point: I fail to see why on Earth the ADD Arcade Pimples would be of that much interest in a Sub Sim.

I mean, of course it'd be idiocy to not include anything for the drooling ******s (how 'bout some bump-mapped seagulls or some canned, boom-boom 10 minute missions that won't tax their limited attention span too much?), but if you're really going for the zits, which one do you think they'll gravitate towards in the stores first, the Lovely Shiny Doom XIV Spoon (now with added Nazi Three-Headed Zombies and Mip-Mapped Pustules) or a Sub Sim?

Just asking, 's all.