Thread: There will be no MP beta, and here is why. | Forums

MSV-Vextor's Avatar Community Manager

There will be no MP beta, and here is why.

To dispel any rumours: No, the beta wasn't cancelled due to poor quality. We are sorry that we have been so tight-lipped about this. But the game is on track people.

Originally, the beta was planned to stress test the multiplayer portion of the game. However, thanks to our revised production timeline the beta was no longer required, and we're confident you will enjoy a complete multiplayer experience from day one.

You realize that some people bought Ghost Recon only to play the beta?

Originally Posted by Avn09 Go to original post
    You realize that some people bought Ghost Recon only to play the beta?
    We are. So what we did was to give the players who bought GRFS a DLC as a means of compensation.
    There was an e-mail sent out a few weeks ago to GRFS owners regarding this. The e-mail was a little cryptic with regards as to why the DLC was given away - there is the reason.

DapperHayden007's Avatar Far Cry 3 Elite Member
    Originally Posted by MSV-Vextor Go to original post
    To dispel any rumours: No, the beta wasn't cancelled due to poor quality. We are sorry that we have been so tight-lipped about this. But the game is on track people.

Originally, the beta was planned to stress test the multiplayer portion of the game. However, thanks to our revised production timeline the beta was no longer required, and we're confident you will enjoy a complete multiplayer experience from day one.
    Thanks for telling us that it had been cancelled Although, could the BETA not have run anyway just for the people who wanted to play it, The BETA may not have been needed anymore but there were a LOT of people looking forward to it.
    I don't think I know of another game to cancel a BETA which they had plans for but then I don't care for news on any other game so I would not have noticed that.

I think this is good and bad news as a lot of people use a BETA to "pre-judge" the game. Usually BETA's are unfinished versions of the game and if someone spots one problem, it can spread like butter on bread. Even though in the final version of the game, the bug may have been fixed.

Look at MOH Warfighter.. Loads of people had problems with the BETA but I can almost guarantee those issues will not be in the final product. BETA's do give off a bad name for games when people spot "minor" faults.

So, any news of a playable demo? I personally doubt there will be one.

Thanks for the update Vextor.

However. I think it is a poor decision to not do a Beta. No internal testing will ever mimic releasing it outside your walls.
    You will have Halo, Cod, MOH and you can't afford to stumble out of the gates with FC3.
    Not to mention, All those people that bought GRFS for the Beta. I do think that it's a classy move to give GRFS DLC in exchange, but it would have made more sense to give them FC3 DLC. GR fans bought it because they like GR, FC3 fans bought it because they like FC3. I know, I know....either way someone is screwed and you probably had to make an educated guess on who to screw less.

Bottom line is, we can live without a Beta but we need SOMETHING about the multiplayer soon to break bread over.
    And brace yourself for backlash if there are no vehicles in either the Multiplayer or the Map Editor (Which in my opinion is the REAL reason there is no Beta)

Originally Posted by DapperHayden007 Go to original post
    So, any news of a playable demo?
    The game is out in 5 weeks! Be patient you!

Originally Posted by MSV-Vextor Go to original post
    The game is out in 5 weeks! Be patient you!
    If it gets pushed back again, promise me you will organise a demo just for the forum members? lol

so not only we haven't seen multiplayer gameplay since pax east and only saw spoilers but now ur telling me no beta !?

so how secret is the mp or is it that bad that u dont wanna show anyone ?

Originally Posted by lil kimoooo Go to original post
    so not only we haven't seen multiplayer gameplay since pax east and only saw spoilers but now ur telling me no beta !?

so how secret is the mp or is it that bad that u dont wanna show anyone ?
    As people have already told you though, Far Cry 3 more of a single player game and will focus more on SP. More multi player footage will be released before the game comes out. I care more about the IGE though

mad_mark99_'s Avatar Member
    Might be a good idea to keep the fc2 sever open, So players have a decent mulitplayer game to fall back on. Ever though the server is so old its steam powered and was designed by brunel.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►