What is your general opinion on spoilers......

OK...., Now I realize most ppl hate them with a passion an that's ok, but in the over scheme of things, does it really matter that much as to how much of any particular thing you see or decide (NOT) to see will make that much difference in yer potential buying/not buying,playing/not playing of any particular game. Myself personal, it make no difference what so ever. As I have a wife an 2 14month old baby girls at home an won't remember in a months time what it was I saw 30 days prior. A perfect example of this are the "Leaked" an genuinely released gameplay an cutscene vids that have been put out over the past week, even today I saw the stream of the Wolcott Bunker walkthrough, an while watching the various ppl behind the controls run through the mission, I never once truly paid any attention to the cutscenes, I mainly looked for ways to possibly (an w/o any sucess) ghost the mission. I mainly looked at what the mission constraints an perameters were, the fastest way to take out the guards w/o being spotted, the possible easiest way to get through some of the tougher guards an still meet the mission requirements, etc. things of that nature. An even though as I said, I personally have no problems with spoilers, I thought I'd open this fer discussion an get some feedback on what you guys think.

Rogue Agent 035

freddie_1897's Avatar Senior Member
    i don't like spoilers because it takes away from the experience of the game. i feel hype up towards the games release, once i get the game i feel hype up until the ending, i don't want that hype taken away by some arsehole who thinks its okay

Umbra_Blade's Avatar Member
    Most people are either not that fussed about spoilers or avoid them at all costs, I personally am on the fence about them, I don't mind spoilers that talk about the little things in the game, but when it comes to story spoilers, they are a BIG no-no. But people should be warned about the presence of spoilers, regardless of the poster's view. As that is just basic common courtesy that should be shown to all (i know that wasn't really what you were on about, but it needed to be said )

Originally Posted by Umbra_Blade Go to original post
    Most people are either not that fussed about spoilers or avoid them at all costs, I personally am on the fence about them, I don't mind spoilers that talk about the little things in the game, but when it comes to story spoilers, they are a BIG no-no. But people should be warned about the presence of spoilers, regardless of the poster's view. As that is just basic common courtesy that should be shown to all (i know that wasn't really what you were on about, but it needed to be said )

Well said, an I agree that story spoilers are the biggest enemy of us "Story Based" gamers, but to me...., gameplay spoilers are alright only when it give you a better understanding of the control layout an what to either do or NOT do in a given sequence/section.

Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    I watch everything Ubisoft throws at us. Sometimes I regret it, though. which was the case in Revelations, but, due to reading the achievements, I have more confidence that the Devs will give me more surprises this time around..

I go dark 14 days before release. Done it for AC II, ACB and ACR. worked like a charm, never had the ending spoiled for me

ACfan443's Avatar Senior Member
    I hate spoilers, but my terrible will power always leads to me to view them, then I massively regret it and hate myself.

Hate em!

rileypoole1234's Avatar Senior Member
    I honestly don't mind them as long as they don't spoil anything that shouldn't be known before the game comes out. For example, I read the achievement list for AC3, and I don't think any of the achievements classify as a major or even minor spoiler. I don't feel like I'll enjoy the game less by reading them. On the other side of that coin, spoiling the end of ACB on these Forums (which someone sadly did) is like the same thing as a breach in national security.

freddie_1897's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by ACfan443 Go to original post
    I hate spoilers, but my terrible will power always leads to me to view them, then I massively regret it and hate myself.
    PM me every time you are getting the urge to look at spoilers and ill negotiate with you like your about to commit suicide

Originally Posted by rileypoole1234 Go to original post
    I honestly don't mind them as long as they don't spoil anything that shouldn't be known before the game comes out. For example, I read the achievement list for AC3, and I don't think any of the achievements classify as a major or even minor spoiler. I don't feel like I'll enjoy the game less by reading them. On the other side of that coin, spoiling the end of ACB on these Forums (which someone sadly did) is like the same thing as a breach in national security.

See...., I did the exact same thing, read the achievements only looking for the number of Multiplayer Achievement as I am still chasing that coveted 1000GS for an AC series game since ac 1 an 2, but to be honest never looked hard enough to see any spoilers.