Soulid_Snake's Avatar Senior Member

Will there be Blocking in AC3?

If a thread has already been opened on this topic, I apologize. Will there be blocking in AC3? Quite a few members, on this forum, have mentioned it won't be featured in AC3. I know the combat is getting a overhaul, but I can't find anything on the net about the blocking being removed. Can someone please post me some links, as a confirmation?

pacmanate's Avatar Senior Member
    It won't be, MT4K said it isn't.

projectpat06's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by pacmanate Go to original post
    It won't be, MT4K said it isn't.
    It won't be removed or it won't be present?

Umbra_Blade's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by patrickj1 Go to original post
    It won't be removed or it won't be present?
    it won't be present

MT4K's Avatar Senior Member
    From what i understand from all the videos and interviews and such that i can remember. Blocking in the traditional sense is removed. You can no longer stand around and block all day. So blocking in that sense is gone.

Blocking may have become part of the actual counter system this time though, but either way you won't be able to turtle anymore.

projectpat06's Avatar Senior Member
    So it really is very similar to the Arkham games in terms of the fighting system with an attack or counter options. That's awesome.

In the Boston demo Connor blocks an attack from the back, or maybe it happens if you counter too late?!?

BBALive's Avatar Senior Member
    Not in the traditional sense.

I hadn't even thought about not seeing blocking. Not sure how I feel about it... I liked Arkham though, it'll likely be fine.

LoyalACFan's Avatar Senior Member
    Blocking is still present in some sense. It may not be the "hold button = SAFE!" formula, but it isn't the Batman "block = counterattack" formula either. Take a look at this footage.

At the marketplace fight (starts around 2:40), look at the first guy who attacks with his bayonet. Connor deflects it much like Altair or Ezio would have if you had held the block button. And then he does it again at around 3:18, where another guy takes a swipe at his back.