Thread: baseball - instructions please! | Forums

baseball - instructions please!

How is the baseball game supposed to work?
    (Do you need to understand baseball to play it?)

I get the idea that you are supposed to bend the string at the appropriate fret, but how are you supposed to know when, and how far?

I tried timing it to the 4th beat, but it doesn't work - I know my timing is adequate for that, and also that it can't be a lag issue. Plus it's as likely to claim that my "swing" was too early as too late.

Can Ubisoft please provide clear instructions? And meantime can someone else, please? Not that it's a crucial game, but I think it might be a soothing game to play if I could get the hang of it.

Thanks...

Brick235's Avatar Senior Member
    One of the harder games. I think it's just a timing thing. Tried it a few times, got frustrated and never played it again.

Tips

Tips:

1) There is a time window that determines your run. Strike(early) -- Single -- Double -- Triple -- Home Run (on beat) -- Strike(late)
    2) The window for Singles is wider than the others
    3) Each ball in the row you hit increases your multiplier. Strikes reset the multiplier.
    4) Having more players on bases at a time increases your score.
    5) Scoring a Home run increases your score.
    6) They way to get the achievement/trophy is to play perfectly by safely hitting singles till you have a huge multiplier. Then hit a grand slam.

Once your singles start running up scores near 100,000 hit a home run. The home run will multiply the score by 10. This should give a million points.

Originally Posted by Braintrust18 Go to original post
    Tips:

1) There is a time window that determines your run. Strike(early) -- Single -- Double -- Triple -- Home Run (on beat) -- Strike(late)
    2) The window for Singles is wider than the others
    3) Each ball in the row you hit increases your multiplier. Strikes reset the multiplier.
    4) Having more players on bases at a time increases your score.
    5) Scoring a Home run increases your score.
    6) They way to get the achievement/trophy is to play perfectly by safely hitting singles till you have a huge multiplier. Then hit a grand slam.

Once your singles start running up scores near 100,000 hit a home run. The home run will multiply the score by 10. This should give a million points.
    Thanks for the tips. I don't quite understand the first one - are you saying that all those possibilities exist for each hit and the first 4 are all if you play the note before the beat?
    I'll come back to the game sometime and try to apply them but I guess it's not the best use of my RS time just now

Brick235's Avatar Senior Member
    I think it's like this - very early=single, early=double, slightly early=triple, on beat=homerun. The closer you are to playing right on time, the better the hit.

Originally Posted by Brick235 Go to original post
    I think it's like this - very early=single, early=double, slightly early=triple, on beat=homerun. The closer you are to playing right on time, the better the hit.
    Yeah. If you have much lag trying to play on the beat is risky. If your play after the beat you miss. Even if you miss only 10% of the time then you will never build a big enough combo to get the achievement/trophy. Another big tip I forgot is RELAX. This mini game has lots of distractions that prevent you from focusing or keeping rythm.