1. #1
    anik_lc's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    339

    Birth Year of Connor

    Which year Connor was born? While searching on the net I found out two different answers. 1753 and 1755. Was it officially confirmed when he was born?
    Share this post

  2. #2
    HaSoOoN-MHD's Avatar Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    5,546
    We have no idea. Charles Lee gave birth to two twins in the year 1755, he was British, and his wife was Native American, and 1755, I believe, is the date that was removed from the trailer, Alex said that there is a European last name out there on the internet that they are trying to hide....
    Which lead me to believe it's 1755/Charles Lee is his father.
    Nothing is set in stone, tho.
    But how ever, the game starts at 1753....why?
    I assume that the name ''Life scratcher'' comes from a hard birth, maybe he almost died, so they had to sync with Connor's mother/Lee beforehand.
    Share this post

  3. #3
    LoyalACFan's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    8,490
    Originally Posted by HaSoOoN-MHD Go to original post
    We have no idea. Charles Lee gave birth to two twins in the year 1755, he was British, and his wife was Native American, and 1755, I believe, is the date that was removed from the trailer, Alex said that there is a European last name out there on the internet that they are trying to hide....
    Which lead me to believe it's 1755/Charles Lee is his father.
    Nothing is set in stone, tho..
    I don't think they would make Connor a child of Lee that was historically documented, though. For one, they might run into legal issues with any real-world descendants of that child, and also, they said they had a development rule saying they can't use anything that can be proven wrong with a 30-second web search. I'm pretty sure I can prove within 30 seconds that Charles Lee's historically documented son wasn't a murderous Indian Assassin.

    And the European surname Hutchinson was trying to conceal was Kenway. Not Lee. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean his father's name was Kenway, it might just be a random name he picks up from the colonies.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    HaSoOoN-MHD's Avatar Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    5,546
    There was one twin that was not documented or known.
    Connor, anybody? and I doubt it's Kenway, there is no historical Kenway, plus, it is widespread now.
    The dates, the info, the pics we got....they all lead to Lee.
    And they said there will be one big historical deviation.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    LoyalACFan's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    8,490
    Originally Posted by HaSoOoN-MHD Go to original post
    There was one twin that was not documented or known.
    Connor, anybody? and I doubt it's Kenway, there is no historical Kenway, plus, it is widespread now.
    The dates, the info, the pics we got....they all lead to Lee.
    And they said there will be one big historical deviation.
    Wait, are you saying Lee historically only had one child with his Indian bride in 1755, and Connor would be an unknown twin? In that case, it would work, I guess, but I still don't think they'll do it because it's cliche. I don't want Connor/Charles Lee to be the next Luke Skywalker/Darth Vader ripoff.

    And why are you dismissing the name Kenway? It had to come from somewhere. What does it matter if it's widespread?
    Share this post

  6. #6
    HaSoOoN-MHD's Avatar Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    5,546
    Because it would be pointless when everybody knows it. And he had twins, but the second one is unknown and undocumented.
    I mean, if everybody knows Kenway, why try protecting it?
    Seems more likely that it is something else.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    LoyalACFan's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    8,490
    Originally Posted by HaSoOoN-MHD Go to original post
    Because it would be pointless when everybody knows it. And he had twins, but the second one is unknown and undocumented.
    I mean, if everybody knows Kenway, why try protecting it?
    Seems more likely that it is something else.
    That's not how it works, though. He's not going to acknowledge leaked information. When the ME3 ending was leaked, the developers didn't just say "Aw, to hell with it, everybody knows what happens anyway, let's just post the ending on teh YouTubez!" Kenway was the name we (accidentally) got from Ubisoft. I don't see any reason why they would give us a false surname. Although, if it's a really big spoiler (like if there's a guy we meet early on named Kenway, who turns out to be Connor's father in the end) they might make a new name and re-record some dialogue to make it fit. It's still early enough for them to get away with that.
    Share this post

  8. #8
    HaSoOoN-MHD's Avatar Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    5,546
    He did not really acknowledge it, he just said they are trying to ''protect it'', so it is open to what it is.
    But still, they removed the 1755 date...
    I wonder why?
    Share this post

  9. #9
    MT4K's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,125
    Originally Posted by anik_lc Go to original post
    Which year Connor was born? While searching on the net I found out two different answers. 1753 and 1755. Was it officially confirmed when he was born?
    They have said multiple times that the game will start in 1753.

    The problem is Connor's birth year was put in a trailer and listed as 1755. 2 years after the game is said multiple times to start. The reason people still find it suspicious and somewhat true is because when everybody started talking about it Ubisoft instead of simpy changing the date on the trailer to say 1753. They completely removed it.

    Also he is said to join the assassins at the age of 15 in 1770. Which would mean he was born in 1755. So you can decide yourself on whether you believe the 1755 date or not.

    Nobody knows for sure either way and it is just one of those things that is likely to be up in the air until release.
    Share this post

  10. #10
    FirestarLuva's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Macedonia
    Posts
    818
    Originally Posted by HaSoOoN-MHD Go to original post
    I assume that the name ''Life scratcher'' comes from a hard birth, maybe he almost died, so they had to sync with Connor's mother/Lee beforehand.
    Lol, good idea, I can see that happening, I hope! :P
    Share this post

Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last ►►