Game freeze at the hidden blade unlock event.

I recently purchased AC-II through the Steam client and was enjoying the gameplay. Was, being the operative word here.
    The game freezes at the unlock scene for the Hidden Blade weapon, just as the message to select it on the weapon wheel appears.
    I have tried selecting the weapon, waiting (for as long as 5 minutes, in case it was lag), closing all other application opther than steam and the Ubisoft launcher....all to no avail.

Is there a hotfix/patch? I cannot seem to find anything related, either through the official site or via other means that would not compromise either my computer's safety or the integrity of my Ubisoft/Steam accounts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (Constructive, of course).

AssassinYago's Avatar Member
    Send a mensage to the Ubi Support

Scystab's Avatar Member
    If you got it from Steam, Ubisoft will probably tell you to contact Steam support :/

Seems to be sort of mess in your windows. Or if you have some intel i3/i5/i7 with hyper-threading support it may be related to this technology. If you have HT enabled disable it and try the game. If helped keep it disabled if it didn't help enable HT again and try drivers updates (sound, graphics and network cards drivers).

Let know if something of these helped or not.

MT4K's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by OriginalHanzo Go to original post
    I recently purchased AC-II through the Steam client and was enjoying the gameplay. Was, being the operative word here.
    The game freezes at the unlock scene for the Hidden Blade weapon, just as the message to select it on the weapon wheel appears.
    I have tried selecting the weapon, waiting (for as long as 5 minutes, in case it was lag), closing all other application opther than steam and the Ubisoft launcher....all to no avail.

Is there a hotfix/patch? I cannot seem to find anything related, either through the official site or via other means that would not compromise either my computer's safety or the integrity of my Ubisoft/Steam accounts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (Constructive, of course).
    Sounds like you are having the same issue this other guy had. - He had to press the "2" key to fix it, but if you have the same problem and the "2" key doesn't work. Try hitting some other buttons.
     2 people found this helpful

catkiller97's Avatar Senior Member
    This issue reported many times press 2 to fix it.

Number "2"

Originally Posted by MT4K Go to original post
    Sounds like you are having the same issue this other guy had. - He had to press the "2" key to fix it, but if you have the same problem and the "2" key doesn't work. Try hitting some other buttons.
    yeah your right, its because its on the second tab for weapons on your keybord "2" and your ment to press that instead of taking out the wheel

PaygonA's Avatar Junior Member

Pressing "2" Fixes The Issue

Nice one, I was getting the same issue and this fixed it.