Thread: Internet Ports Required to Play Splinter Cell: Conviction | Forums

Green.Hornet's Avatar Member

Internet Ports Required to Play Splinter Cell: Conviction

Internet Ports Required to Play Splinter Cell: Conviction are absolutely necessary in order to play Splinter Cell Conviction multiplayer online (ie: join/host matches)... here are a couple of tips on opening ports in your router (port forwarding):

1. Find your router in one of these guides and follow instructions: PcWinTech or PortForward

2. Download and install Simple Port Tester (its freeware) and verify if the Splinter Cell Conviction ports are open

This is an example of what Port Forwarding should look like in your router:

Port/Name
    Inbound/Start
    Outbound/End
    Protocol
    Internal IP
    9100 9100 9100 UDP 192.168.0.?
    9103 9103 9103 UDP 192.168.0.?
    10196 10196 10196 UDP 192.168.0.?
    80 80 80 TCP 192.168.0.?
    3081 3081 3081 TCP 192.168.0.?
    3105 3105 3105 TCP 192.168.0.?
    22350-22380 22350 22380 TCP 192.168.0.?

NOTE:

* Use internal IP address and not external IP address when forwarding & testing. If you are uncertain what this internal IP address is, go to Windows/Start/Run/type cmd and hit enter... at the command prompt, type ipconfig /all and hit enter... look under Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 1 for IPv4 Address... this is your local IP address.

** If you test all these ports and it reads "Failed", then you have closed ports... if you test all these ports and it reads "Successful", then you're ready to play Splinter Cell Conviction multiplayer on-line.

If after "successfully" opening ports in your router and firewall and you still experience connection problems/issues, it could be:

1. Another program on your PC that is monitoring/scanning/blocking incoming/outgoing traffic... disable (temporarily while you play) any and all Internet Security programs

2. Your internet throughput is bottle-necking due to other programs tying-up the bandwidth... disable/exit all programs that are accessing the internet (torrents, downloads, chat/talk programs etc.)

3. You're using a Wireless Network to play Splinter Cell Conviction and you don't have a good solid/steady connection... your wireless connection may be sufficient to browse the web/email etc... but you need a good solid/steady connection to play Splinter Cell Conviction online multiplayer (or any other online multiplayer game for that matter) using a wireless connection... I believe this is the culprit in many connection problems/issues. Hope this helps.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by Green.Hornet Go to original post
    Internet Ports Required to Play Splinter Cell: Conviction are absolutely necessary in order to play Splinter Cell Conviction multiplayer online (ie: join/host matches)... here are a couple of tips on opening ports in your router (port forwarding):

1. Find your router in one of these guides and follow instructions: PcWinTech or PortForward

2. Download and install Simple Port Tester (its freeware) and verify if the Splinter Cell Conviction ports are open

This is an example of what Port Forwarding should look like in your router:

Port/Name
    Inbound/Start
    Outbound/End
    Protocol
    Internal IP
    9100 9100 9100 UDP 192.168.0.?
    9103 9103 9103 UDP 192.168.0.?
    10196 10196 10196 UDP 192.168.0.?
    80 80 80 TCP 192.168.0.?
    3081 3081 3081 TCP 192.168.0.?
    3105 3105 3105 TCP 192.168.0.?
    22350-22380 22350 22380 TCP 192.168.0.?

NOTE:

* Use internal IP address and not external IP address when forwarding & testing. If you are uncertain what this internal IP address is, go to Windows/Start/Run/type cmd and hit enter... at the command prompt, type ipconfig /all and hit enter... look under Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 1 for IPv4 Address... this is your local IP address.

** If you test all these ports and it reads "Failed", then you have closed ports... if you test all these ports and it reads "Successful", then you're ready to play Splinter Cell Conviction multiplayer on-line.

If after "successfully" opening ports in your router and firewall and you still experience connection problems/issues, it could be:

1. Another program on your PC that is monitoring/scanning/blocking incoming/outgoing traffic... disable (temporarily while you play) any and all Internet Security programs

2. Your internet throughput is bottle-necking due to other programs tying-up the bandwidth... disable/exit all programs that are accessing the internet (torrents, downloads, chat/talk programs etc.)

3. You're using a Wireless Network to play Splinter Cell Conviction and you don't have a good solid/steady connection... your wireless connection may be sufficient to browse the web/email etc... but you need a good solid/steady connection to play Splinter Cell Conviction online multiplayer (or any other online multiplayer game for that matter) using a wireless connection... I believe this is the culprit in many connection problems/issues. Hope this helps.

Good luck.
    I don't have another program on my pc blocking incoming/outgoiung traffic, I also have all ports opened, but it still doesnt work, it wont load the game in coop, server connection error, ive literally tried everything I can think of, its their worthless DRM that is preventing me from playing a game i just bought ONLINE with my buddy. I even tried on a fresh install of windows 7 with no firewall, all ports specified open, same exact thing. What a joke. Another thing, what kind of game company thinks their users should have to OPEN UP MULTIPLE PORTS and disable their firewall just to play it online, absolutely ridiculous.

Hello y2kcamaross... I've been seeing a lot of these problems/issues in the last week or so (here on this forum)... new players are successfully opening their Splinter Cell Conviction ports and yet still can't connect to the server; you're the perfect example with re-installing Windows OS and no firewall. I'm not sure what's happening. My only suggestion is to contact Ubisoft Support. Good luck.

Just bought the game via Steam, opened up all my ports after reading the forums and still getting the 'Servers aren't available at the moment' error.
    This is ridiculous, paying for a game and the MP doesnt even work...I guess I was better of pirating the game...
    Never buying an Ubisoft game again!

Please fix this ASAP

UBI games are so farked up now....

Your internet throughput is bottle-necking due to other programs tying-up the bandwidth... disable/exit all programs that are accessing the internet (torrents, downloads, chat/talk programs etc.)
    Really? Most multiplayer games won't even use 50KB/s with voice enabled.. internet throughput is a problem for UBI games?

80 80 80 TCP 192.168.0.?
    How farked up would a company have to be to require to use TCP 80? Do you make http server software?

AFAIK
    the server is not available
    problem has absolutely nothing to do with port forwarding..

Even Sam Fisher knows whats up with this POS game

Ubi-MoshiMoshi's Avatar Community Representative
    Thanks, stickied.

all my ports are open, I dont have any software running in the background that is scanning or tampering with my internet and all my anti virus/spyware software is turned off.
    Still cant connect, Please help out or fix this Ubisoft!!

http://imgur.com/5eZbw

Hello dienasty1988... yes, in the past week or so, there has been many posts/threads showing players who have "successfully" opened ports but are still having problems/issues. But it seems (I could be wrong - so don't hold me to this) all indicators are pointing to Steam... most (if not all) who are having connection problems/issues (even after "successfully" opening ports) are new players who have just purchased the Splinter Cell Conviction game from Steam. Honestly, I'm baffled myself; my buddies and I have been playing all weekend without any problems what-so-ever, so it's not the Ubisoft Servers... could be some kind of DRM/Steam conflict; look at my post on DRM and see if this applies. Nevertheless, whatever it is, it has only been occuring very recently and only (it seems - so don't hold me to this) to new Steam players. I would suggest posting in the Steam Forum and contacting Ubisoft Support. Good luck.

Hmm, that could be a problem indeed. I shall take my questions over to their forums than. Thanks.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►