Thread: Announcement: Revised Release Dates - Nov. 29th in EU, Dec. 4 in NA | Forums

UbiTimS's Avatar Member

Announcement: Revised Release Dates - Nov. 29th in EU, Dec. 4 in NA

As you've probably seen by now, Far Cry 3 has been delayed. The new release dates are:

Europe - November 29th
    North America - December 4th

Why the delay?

We’re taking a little more time to create the best possible gameplay experience. Far Cry 3 is a huge offering and we want every element of this insane, action-packed adventure to be of the highest possible quality for the players.

Remember: A rushed game is forever bad.

Thanks you for your patience and understanding,

Tim

iiiNero's Avatar Senior Member
    Remember: A rushed game is forever bad.
    Then whats the excuse for GRFS?

delay after delay and the game still feels half finished?!

this release date is after CoD, MoH and all the big titles. I dont think the sells will be as good as they would have been in september

UbiTimS's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by iiiNero Go to original post
    Then whats the excuse for GRFS?

delay after delay and the game still feels half finished?!

this release date is after CoD, MoH and all the big titles. I dont think the sells will be as good as they would have been in september
    Questions about Ghost Recon are better asked on their sub forums. I can't speak much about the game or its development.

Thanks,

Tim

Wow very disappointing. Was excited for this game but now probably wont even play it.

I find that its very rare for a game to get delayed and then end up being a good game when its released. It tends to mean there are fundamental flaws in the game itself.

Not to mention I will already be playing the big hit games that come out right before December. September was the perfect release date for this game.

It seems Ubisoft was sort of in a no win situation here. Either release a broken game or push it back and probably lose a ton of sales and still have a broken game. Very sad to hear. This was one of my most looked forward to games. In part because of its original release date.

elitesniper365's Avatar Banned
    Now is a good time to release a open (public) beta. To allow the masses to play Farcry 3. That is almost the only hope you guys (Ubisoft) have.

I would recommend releasing the open beta near the original release date. Now all the other game developers are going to win the masses (idiots) over with there crappy games.

Viragoxv535's Avatar Far Cry 3 Elite Member
    Take your time guys. Good luck to the Developers!!

cevys's Avatar Member
    I can't believe this. After the announcement of AC3 being delayed, I was hoping that at least I'm going to have more time to FC3.

I completely understand, that you do not want to publish a semi-finished product, but you could at least hint the upcoming announcement during E3, that it's not going to be September. On the contrary, you emphasized every time that it's coming in September.

Relax. After this I expect some new gameplay videos, and new info as an apology.

Good luck to you guys. I am a very loyal FC player and will buy it on pre-order no matter what. I hope the delay is to add vehicles and capture the flag to MP though

I don't mind.

I hope this is a time to help make the multiplayer and editor better. We need vehicles in that editor, Ubi. Please make it happen!

hamboarger's Avatar Member
    Nobody believed me, including UbiTim, one person even insulted me:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...d-back-to-2013

OK it's no pushed back to 2013 but Dec 2012 is close.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... Last ►►