Originally Posted by SolidSage Go to original post
    How can you ascertain such a specific percentage of approval or disapproval for a product that we have only seen a small portion of. Two maps and two modes from the MP component is enough to determine that the overall gaming population won't like it? How whimsically radical.....and bogus.
    The first 200 hundred barely informed (and somewhat overly critical [you're too close to it, it's too personal]) opinions on a PORTION of a game, bear little relevance in regard to the overall mass appeal, but they may certainly be valuable as a test group to identify real glitches.

BUT....I'm lovin the shiz out of it. Best Mp shooter fun I've had yet, it's got that insanely addictive quality of the older Rainbow MP's. It looks great so far, the new play tools are a ton of fun to this point and considering how many of them there are, along with the variety of character classes, it's suprisingly well balanced. Great potential.
    It may not turn out to be an old Ghost Recon clone, but honestly, I'm more interested in high end production and high quality gaming experiences than, I don't know, maintaining tradition?. This feels like it might turn out to be just that.

At the end of the day, our $60 is an entry fee to an experience, not a purchase of shares in the title/company. And I love it so much when people who don't actually work in marketting or have relevant knowledge of product adoption rates and profit, like to tell Ubi how if they "don't do what I think they should", (sometimes that's ACTUALLY what they say) their product will fail. It gives me lots of LoLs. Market analysts with 100% accuracy rates and Superiority complexes no less..
    Basically, it's people who don't ever do the job, telling people who have long careers doing the job, that they don't know how to do the job. C'mon...it don't make no sense. Can't we have more reasonable (less jilted loverish) opinions? Negative criticisms, translated amiably, are going to reach more ears.

Personally, I was never much into repeats. Kinda like cars, I want the new models to have upgraded features and efficiency. Not just the same old tech in new packaging.
    And I realize that this post may sound arsey, sorry about that. I'm really meaning it with good disposition and intent.
    I am on these forums on a near daily basis and you are the first person to make any sense in a very long time. Educated and well informed response to a largely less than appreciative audience.

Bassie52's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by JediMonkeyxDoWx Go to original post
    I am on these forums on a near daily basis and you are the first person to make any sense in a very long time. Educated and well informed response to a largely less than appreciative audience.
    yeah a bit to educated, if you ask me...freakin harvard scripts...I always have to read his posts a couple of times, with English not beeing my mother language and all

@Sage; you nailed it with that post, but i love these threads..breathes live back in to the forum..after the beta tsunami
    Feel a bit sorry for them though...this game looks awesome and wil sell like crazy..

Originally Posted by kingGILLEY Go to original post
    Troll^^^ request member to be temporarily banned.
    You're funny, you call the OP a troll and request he be banned? What wrong w/ you? I has a right to express his opinion, and I happened to agree w/ much of what he said. Should I be banned to? Get serious dude.

Originally Posted by kingGILLEY Go to original post
    It will probably get decent reviews, and sell a million or two, but that will be a failure considering the time and money they put into it. The only shooter with big sales is COD because eveyone is trying to copy COD, which backfires because why would anyone buy a COD copy cat when they can just buy COD. Shooters should try to be the opposite of COD. That will sell.
    Agreed 100%

Originally Posted by Bassie52 Go to original post
    yeah a bit to educated, if you ask me...freakin harvard scripts...I always have to read his posts a couple of times, with English not beeing my mother language and all

@Sage; you nailed it with that post, but i love these threads..breathes live back in to the forum..after the beta tsunami
    Feel a bit sorry for them though...this game looks awesome and wil sell like crazy..
    I'm surprised, your english is a lot better than a lot of english speaking posters lol, and the sheer fact that you live in Amsterdam should make you a target for all types of stereotyping. Schmoke and a pancake anyone?! Sorry...

Originally Posted by Bassie52 Go to original post
    yeah it's different then the first titles, but making a good lookin game these days, costs a sheitload of money..they are trying to find a balance between new and old type of gamer, to suport those costs. Everytime there's a new next gen console coming out, these games get more and more expensive to make..the 720 or ps4 wil even double these costs, so they better find a way to hit a bigger audience, or otherwise they loose a lot of money.you wil see small game companies having a really hard time in 2015..
    Your opinion is important, but you and your club of "hardcore" fans really don't pay the bill now do they..you are but a dot on the rader in comparison to the people who don't go to forums or have a clan...And stop comparing this with socom, because socom had crap written all over it..it's not even funny how they that game up..you can see and freakin smell that from miles away, with or without the "hardcore" fan base telling people or whatever..
    True, but if you open up the game to full customization, you appeal to a more broader audience. Thus increasing sales. I totally agree with the OP and the I-phone analogy was spot on!

Bassie52's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by ITISERPICOIVI Go to original post
    True, but if you open up the game to full customization, you appeal to a more broader audience. Thus increasing sales. I totally agree with the OP and the I-phone analogy was spot on!
    I also agree with that and my post is about another remark of the OP..

@jedimonkey; haha thanks!..it's the phrases and distinguished words that do it for me!..

2012 gaming sucks. Gaming is now recognized and established alongside other types of media, it no longer caters for niche audiences. All gaming now is just getting a quick cash in, catering for as many people as possible throwing out any means of originality or skill so the derp masses can pick it up without using their brains.
    Take me back to the late 90's/early 00's when intelligence and skill were praised, rather than good graphics and 'awesome' gimmicks.

Originally Posted by Supressivefire Go to original post
    2012 gaming sucks. Gaming is now recognized and established alongside other types of media, it no longer caters for niche audiences. All gaming now is just getting a quick cash in, catering for as many people as possible throwing out any means of originality or skill so the derp masses can pick it up without using their brains.
    Take me back to the late 90's/early 00's when intelligence and skill were praised, rather than good graphics and 'awesome' gimmicks.
    You played dark souls? Just an awesome experience, hard as hell at some parts sometimes a little cheap but yeah still awesome. Just because some things popular don't always mean it's bad. I mean look at some films they are get rich quick films sure but there will always be creativity in the film industry at some level or another don't be so cynical about it. and besides the years 5 months in chill the duck out.

this thread