Thread: Is it going to be Connor vs the English | Forums

  1. #11
    TagDoll's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    43
    And the fact that his default clothing is blue and white
    Share this post

  2. #12
    UrDeviant1's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Derpville
    Posts
    2,760
    But when they say Connor will kill both British and Americans, that doesn't necessarily we'll be killing American soldiers or guards.

    It could just mean there are a few high profile Templar's that need eliminating.
    Share this post

  3. #13
    freddie_1897's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    2,762
    Yeah, they're definetly appealing to the Americans at the moment.
    Now, I might need an American to help me on this, but if you saw Connor killing a colonist, would you abandon the AC series?
    Probably not, I think Ubi should stop appealing just to Americans soon, they've already got their attention
    Share this post

  4. #14
    souNdwAve89's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    760
    Originally Posted by freddie_1897 Go to original post
    Yeah, they're definetly appealing to the Americans at the moment.
    Now, I might need an American to help me on this, but if you saw Connor killing a colonist, would you abandon the AC series?
    Probably not, I think Ubi should stop appealing just to Americans soon, they've already got their attention
    The only thing that is "appealing" is that it is set during the American Revolution. They already said that Connor fights for justice and not fully for the American side. Like the past comments have said, we'll be fighting both sides.
    Share this post

  5. #15
    Black_Widow9's Avatar Community Representative
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    15,670
    This is a really great article that helps to lay to rest different things regarding America and the era chosen.
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...o-america-yet/
    Share this post

  6. #16
    freddie_1897's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    2,762
    Originally Posted by souNdwAve89 Go to original post
    The only thing that is "appealing" is that it is set during the American Revolution. They already said that Connor fights for justice and not fully for the American side. Like the past comments have said, we'll be fighting both sides.
    I know, I'm not saying it will be one sided, but they are appealing more to Americans who 'aren't in the loop' in terms of interviews with the trailer and screens, if you hadn't read the interviews and had seen the trailer and screens you would think this was Connor vs English

    Basically what I'm trying to say is that they are appealing to American newcomers to the series

    I think that it wouldn't hurt to see Connor kill a colonist, it would get back some of the British newcomers by doing so.

    I just really, really do not want this to become like the ottomans and the byzantines, the Byzantines were actually pretty good, but AC shed them in bad light
    Share this post

  7. #17
    souNdwAve89's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    760
    Originally Posted by freddie_1897 Go to original post
    I know, I'm not saying it will be one sided, but they are appealing more to Americans who 'aren't in the loop' in terms of interviews with the trailer and screens, if you hadn't read the interviews and had seen the trailer and screens you would think this was Connor vs English

    Basically what I'm trying to say is that they are appealing to American newcomers to the series
    Yeah, that is true. They said so themselves that AC3 is a good time to get into the series because it is starting over in terms of a new ancestor. It definitely caters more towards the casual group in terms of having little experience with the series.
    Share this post

  8. #18
    tarrero's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    714
    I am sure even a big native american figure is going to be a templar, I read that on an interview.
    Share this post

  9. #19
    JCearlyyears's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,866
    I don't think they are trying to appeal to anyone but the fans.
    Share this post

  10. #20
    Captain Tomatoz's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    York, England
    Posts
    1,052
    Originally Posted by UrDeviant1 Go to original post
    But when they say Connor will kill both British and Americans, that doesn't necessarily we'll be killing American soldiers or guards.

    It could just mean there are a few high profile Templar's that need eliminating.
    Yeah they haven't actually said that connor will be killing colonist soldiers. They just said that there were templars on both sides. This is very vague. The game will probably have connor fighting both sides as in assassin's creed its always been fighting both sides. Its early days yet so we really don't know yet
    Share this post