Dual Hidden Blades Confirmed?

In this article: http://www.justpushstart.com/2012/03...-creed-iii-qa/

What are the different weapons Connor will be using on his missions?

"Having a character with a Native American background who then joins the Assassins gives us access to not only all the usual Assassin tools, but a bunch of new equipment based on his heritage. His basic weapon is a tomahawk, which gave us a huge assortment of new attacks, especially when you remember that all of Connor’s new fight is dual handed.

At first we thought we couldn’t add a bow as a weapon, as most people had switched to rifles and pistols in this period, but with further research we found that many tribes were still using a bow and arrow to hunt from horseback as they were faster and more accurate on the move. So luckily we managed to justify it, and add a really iconic weapon for Connor.

However pistols and rifles are a feature of this period so Connor can use those, but luckily they’re single shot weapons and for enemies they were also notoriously inaccurate so we remain a primarily close combat game.

Finally, of course the hidden blades are back and we’ve made some style changes so he can actually spin one of them in his hand and use it as a knife, but it’s the key to silent kills."

Id like to emphasize the part where he states " hidden blades are back and we’ve made some style changes so he can actually spin one of them in his hand and use it as a knife" especially where he says you can spin ONE of them.... call me crazy but saying Hidden bladeS and stateing that you can spin ONE of them would mean that there are indeed multiple.

Ayush_S92's Avatar Member
    Very much possible. I think we might start out with the left hand Hidden Blade, and a later upgrade could allow us to have dual blades.

To support this, have a look at these both images.

As you can see, he has the bracer in only one of his hand in the first pic, but in the second it's in both.

Yes agreed i too noticed that in many images he only has a bracer on his left arm and then in others on both arms; once again i believe in that article is almost a confirmation of such.

LightRey's Avatar Senior Member
    It's the closest we've got to confirmation. At the moment it's a little too vague though. However, I see much more reason to expect that there will be 2 hidden blades than not to.

pacmanate's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by LightRey Go to original post
    It's the closest we've got to confirmation. At the moment it's a little too vague though. However, I see much more reason to expect that there will be 2 hidden blades than not to.
    He could of just said that as plural just spare of the moment? If you know what I mean. Either way I am not fussed. Also, this is the picture I meant when I said do you think Connor will be ugly, the one at the top of this page.

LightRey's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by pacmanate Go to original post
    He could of just said that as plural just spare of the moment? If you know what I mean. Either way I am not fussed. Also, this is the picture I meant when I said do you think Connor will be ugly, the one at the top of this page.
    I'm basing it more on the bracer-thing and the fact that both Altaïr and Ezio had two hidden blades than anything else. I'm not saying it's confirmed, but it certainly looks to be more likely than the alternative. In fact, I'd say most doubt about this was spawned by the people that thought there were no hidden blades.

playassassins1's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by pacmanate Go to original post
    Its just concept art. I don't think he will be like that.