Thread: ACIII Editions announced! EMEA & NA [Updated 8/29] | Forums

abbitha7's Avatar Member
    I'm not horribly concerned about NA getting a good CE, as long as I can buy the in-game extras. I would really like Washington's notebook though...

Biomedical-Fire's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by ShadowRage41 Go to original post
    The summation of my post can be summed up by a Marcus Aurelius quote “You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”
    ―Marcus Aurelius

Nah you didn't offend me at all. you simply misunderstood my position. I am not saying we will not get a collectors edition. Honestly I do not know if we will or not. I hope we do.
    My previous post was more about the past editions or lack thereof. I was merely musing about who really made the decision about what NA got. whether it was Ubi soft NA or the retailers ect..
    As for this go around I personally believe we may get one. I just hope it is similar in quality and content to the European editions. The other topic I was why many people from NA are skeptical. a few pages back it was mentioned the same people were complaining. but honestly on the G.S website and Ubi's facebook page. MANY people from NA have issued a concern. Now once again I am not saying we will not. I am merely defending those people who are skeptical. that is it... It really no longer matters to me one way or the other. I would prefer a cool CE. But if for some reason we do not get one? life goes on.
    The reason why those in the EMEA don't understand where we're coming from is, they've had 3 decent CE's for the past 3 games and we've gotten subpar offerings. Granted there are those in the EMEA wished that they had the chance to of gotten the Jack-in-the-Box, but they'd quickly changed their minds if they seen how bad it actually was. Fortunately in Canada, GameStop did offer the 1st Ed. AC Encyclopedia in the GS Ultimate Bundle. As I said before, if Ubi N.A. gives us the "perfect" CE as they said on their FaceBook page, I'll gladly eat crow, change my avatar and buy a few more stocks in the company. Of course I'll have to take others at their word about the Facebook comment, as I don't have an account, I tweet on twitter. Matter of fact they never answered me on twitter when I asked about a possible N.A. CE, at least they answered those when they asked on their Facebook page. I don't trust Zuckerburg and his Facebook because he sells your personal information, but that is another story for another time.

Oh, almost forgot, and if Ubi means "perfect" as in Splinter Cell: Conviction "perfect" that was actually a fiasco, then we in N.A. are in a world of hurt.

freddie_1897's Avatar Senior Member
    Dude, the previous games were in Europe, and europe got better CEs, this game is in America, I wouldn't be surprised if you had a 'patriot edition' which gave you extra missions, an outfit, artbook, georges notebook, an MP character, and a tomahawk

Black_Widow9's Avatar Community Representative
    Please keep it civil guys. When we have details we will let you know. I know the wait is a killer but everyone needs to adhere to the Forum Rules.

pacmanate's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by freddie_1897 Go to original post
    Dude, the previous games were in Europe, and europe got better CEs, this game is in America, I wouldn't be surprised if you had a 'patriot edition' which gave you extra missions, an outfit, artbook, georges notebook, an MP character, and a tomahawk
    I was just thinking this morning, they aren't getting the freedom edition. Reason being is that they HAVE the steelbook. If I remember rightly the Steelbook was a pre-order bonus in the US. Putting the steelbook in the freedom edition doesn't make sense if you know what I mean. I think they will get something bigger.

Captain Tomatoz's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by freddie_1897 Go to original post
    But Australia got the better CEs as well as did many other countries outside Europe. Just because you live in America doesn't mean you should get the better edition. I know its unfair that the previous best editions haven't been available in North America but remember that it will still be unfair if North America was the only continent to get the best edition. Everyone should get the same special editions

MarleyMon81's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Tony6593 Go to original post
    But Australia got the better CEs as well as did many other countries outside Europe. Just because you live in America doesn't mean you should get the better edition. I know its unfair that the previous best editions haven't been available in North America but remember that it will still be unfair if North America was the only continent to get the best edition. Everyone should get the same special editions
    I don't think many of us NA fans are wanting a better CE than everyone else just, as you said it, the same options. I already have the steelbook but would I still pre-order the Freedom Edition here in the U.S. even if it included another steelbook...of course I would!

I'm hoping we hear something soon so I can upgrade my Game Stop pre-order. At least this year my game wants are spread out some what with Lego Batman 2, Epic Mickey 2, and ACIII. Quite the list huh!

Eunoi4's Avatar Junior Member

Hi everyone, just wondering something about the figurine and the medallion.
    I read a few rumours hear and there that the figurine and the medallion are ment to go together. something about them fitting together at the bottom of the figurine?
    I didn't find much else on it and was wondering if anybody else had heard of this?

Either way I'm looking forward to October. The game looks brilliant, as always.

pacmanate's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Eunoi4 Go to original post
    Hi everyone, just wondering something about the figurine and the medallion.
    I read a few rumours hear and there that the figurine and the medallion are ment to go together. something about them fitting together at the bottom of the figurine?
    I didn't find much else on it and was wondering if anybody else had heard of this?

Either way I'm looking forward to October. The game looks brilliant, as always.

I have not heard of that and I dont see how they would.... The figurine already has a base, a massive rock!

Ureh's Avatar AC Expert
    I'm hoping for a CE announcement as early as E3 or as late as July 4th. If not, there may very well be a new Revolution.

Originally Posted by pacmanate Go to original post
    I have not heard of that and I dont see how they would.... The figurine already has a base, a massive rock!
    Yep same here. But it's possible if they did carve some sorta indentation/orifice on the bottom. Assuming the base is big enough (or the coin is small enough).

//Uplay Overlay login for community forums