Thread: ACIII Editions announced! EMEA & NA [Updated 8/29] | Forums

ShadowRage41's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by RatonhnhakeFan Go to original post
    Thank you for checking this for us Widow! But this sure is disappointing. Looks like I won't bother with pre-orders since none offers any Native-influenced outfit
    I agree it's a bit disappointing that the skin was not native American influenced, but it's not a deal breaker for me. I decided not to cancel my orders on the LE's as well. I thought about it for a few days. and decided to just look forward to the game. and I have always collected the AC LE's when they are offered because I am really fond of the series. That having been said. I am really looking forward to playing the game. honestly I can't wait.

CarthageBP's Avatar Member
    For those of you still interested in purchasing a copy of the Freedom Edition, and/or those who haven't decided to boycott the game:

I chose to forgo continued *****ing in favor of a path more true to the creed so many of us have enjoyed following these many years. I went searching for information.

I found a service located in the UK that will receive a package from a UK-based store or online vendor and then re-ship to almost any country in the world. As long as what you are ordering doesn't contravene any shipping or customs regulations (which the Freedom Edition does not as far as I can tell) you're in the clear.

You are given a UK mailing address, which uses your own name. You are contacted as soon as the service receives your package, and are asked how you would like it shipped to you (Royal Mail, or Express Ail Mail). This afternoon I received a test package via DHL that I ordered through ebay.co.uk to be re-shipped through this service. The shipment took approximately four days once it had been received at the UK address.

For your consideration, I will leave links to The GameStop UK AC3 Freedom Edition Page and Forward2Me, the service I used.

Scarabaeus83's Avatar Junior Member
    Originally Posted by CarthageBP Go to original post
    For those of you still interested in purchasing a copy of the Freedom Edition, and/or those who haven't decided to boycott the game:

I chose to forgo continued *****ing in favor of a path more true to the creed so many of us have enjoyed following these many years. I went searching for information.

I found a service located in the UK that will receive a package from a UK-based store or online vendor and then re-ship to almost any country in the world. As long as what you are ordering doesn't contravene any shipping or customs regulations (which the Freedom Edition does not as far as I can tell) you're in the clear.

You are given a UK mailing address, which uses your own name. You are contacted as soon as the service receives your package, and are asked how you would like it shipped to you (Royal Mail, or Express Ail Mail). This afternoon I received a test package via DHL that I ordered through ebay.co.uk to be re-shipped through this service. The shipment took approximately four days once it had been received at the UK address.

For your consideration, I will leave links to The GameStop UK AC3 Freedom Edition Page and Forward2Me, the service I used.
    I was under the impression that any EMEA copy of the game would not work in a NA console.

ShadownetX's Avatar Member
    Do you know how much shipping will cost? to The United States for example. I think I might do this.

Originally Posted by Scarabaeus83 Go to original post
    I was under the impression that any EMEA copy of the game would not work in a NA console.
    Because I'm fairly certain you're correct, I have also pre-ordered just the game in NA. But I will test the disc when it arrives in October/November to see if it works.

Originally Posted by ShadownetX
    Do you know how much shipping will cost? to The United States for example. I think I might do this

The shipping cost is based on the size and weight of the package. There may also be an import duty to pay. There is a shipping cost calculator on the website here. I don't know the exact dimensions of the FE box though, so I can't really tell you what numbers to put in.

GavinShai's Avatar Junior Member
    Originally Posted by Scarabaeus83 Go to original post
    Sort of?

We can be relatively safe assuming the game itself has not been region locked, as has been the case from the original AC through Revelations but all the DLC has been each time.

Bluray discs are always region free as the bluray format does not have region coding embedded in the discs.

DVDs are region locked or not per the manufacturer, movies almost always are, games can be but aren't necessarily. Ubisoft, whatever else they may throw on their releases(e.g. years of securom DRM on pc versions, the recent rootkit debacle, etc), has not chosen to region lock its discs.

As far as the DLC, the way it is region locked requires an account from the region it is locked for, not a specific console. So if you create an account for the appropriate region you can also use all the DLC despite its being "locked".

As neither Xbox Live nor PSN do actual IP verifications the only requirement to create said accounts is an appropriate postal code and not having a problem doing so.

From other import titles on my PS3 I can tell you the same is also true to Japan, though apparently to keep us all from doing it the PSN language choice is limited to Japanese only, though in game this is not always the case.

Also keep in mind there are various websites that will sell region free or region specific point cards out of region should you choose to go that route and want to pick up a future DLC. Though as always with importing, even digitally, be wary of currency conversion charges, I've been burned once or twice before I learned that lesson.

Originally Posted by GavinShai Go to original post
    As far as the DLC, the way it is region locked requires an account from the region it is locked for, not a specific console. So if you create an account for the appropriate region you can also use all the DLC despite its being "locked".

As neither Xbox Live nor PSN do actual IP verifications the only requirement to create said accounts is an appropriate postal code and not having a problem doing so.
    Hopefully the game disc that arrives with the FE I have ordered will follow the same pattern. I'll have to make myself a UK XBL account when it gets here and see if that works as well.

maxamillion008's Avatar Junior Member
    Hi, I have a question about the "limited edition", How many copies of the Limited edition do they think they are gonna sell before they cap it? since it is limited, it should be available for only a little while right? Have they said how many they plan to produce so I know if I need to hurry and pre order it or if it'll end up like half the other "limited" editions and are still being sold. Basically I am asking if they are truly making it limited or just using the word to get more sales.

PaRtYR0ck3r's Avatar Junior Member
    I now it might not be good for being sneaky and and ruin the experience of being an assassin but I hope there's DLC with Conner dressed like this http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6...1t1jo1_400.jpg

santorumrick85's Avatar Junior Member
    Does anyone know what they are just yet and where I could find one.
    I think I heard something about one with a statue of Connor in it which sounds pretty awsome!

//Uplay Overlay login for community forums