Tetsou88's Avatar Member

Crypts and Platforming.

The platforming levels are one of the key points to the AC franchise. Most of the time the time these take place in old crypts, save for the one or two that took place in Monuments or in run-down buildings.

What I'm wondering or is what type of platforming levels will we see in AC3. America at that time didn't have any crypts, monuments, or the like at the time that could hide secret areas.

So where do you guys think these levels will take place?

playassassins1's Avatar Senior Member
    I honestly have no idea, but i guess that Ubisoft will dig in to America's History and find something significant to Crypts and Monuments

SixKeys's Avatar Senior Member
    I doesn't necessarily have to take place insinde an existing monument. It could be a secret underground Templar hideout, or maybe a tunnel built by TWCB. It could be that most of the platforming will be done by Desmond during his exploration of the Grand Temple.

Tetsou88's Avatar Member
    The only thing I can think of that would function as a Crypt would be natural caves(I believe there are a couple in that area). Although it could be something new.

Does anyone know the largest building in those areas at the time?

tarrero's Avatar Senior Member
    I have my own theory here.

Imagine that once Desmond and his team reach the temple, besides the apple, they need ( again haha) some artifacts in order gain access, after everyone`s tantrum, Desmonds experiments bleeding effect, in which a name comes up, "Connor".

That would be the perfect excuse to relieve his memories, and well, during Connors lifetime, what if mohawk tribe had known for centuries the location of some "holy places" across their lands (aka the frontier) but that map is lost since the village attack, he goes for the kill, retrieves the map, which requires eagle vision to work, he visits those places as time, aka game, progresses, then he finally enters the temple, realizes the message is not for him and hides wharever he had found in hopes for the "chosen one" to find it........

I think it could work.

GeneralTrumbo's Avatar Banned
    What if there were crypts within the mountains? Like built-in caves in the mountains, leading to crypts?

tarrero's Avatar Senior Member

frogger504's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by tarrero Go to original post
    I have my own theory here.

Imagine that once Desmond and his team reach the temple, besides the apple, they need ( again haha) some artifacts in order gain access, after everyone`s tantrum, Desmonds experiments bleeding effect, in which a name comes up, "Connor".

That would be the perfect excuse to relieve his memories, and well, during Connors lifetime, what if mohawk tribe had known for centuries the location of some "holy places" across their lands (aka the frontier) but that map is lost since the village attack, he goes for the kill, retrieves the map, which requires eagle vision to work, he visits those places as time, aka game, progresses, then he finally enters the temple, realizes the message is not for him and hides wharever he had found in hopes for the "chosen one" to find it........

I think it could work.
    I like this.

Also, there were freemasons weren't there? They can have secret chambers if they are a separate faction, otherwise an Ancient Assassin/Templar Tomb hidden?

Remember, AC is based on historical events, not 100% historical. .

Tetsou88's Avatar Member
    I'm still playing AC:B, I'm near the very end and I already have AC:R(received it in the mail today, bought it at Amazon for 29.99+9.99 overnight shipping).

I just played the Templar Lair set in the Aqueduct, which serves as a good example of platforming outside of a Crypt. Although something built by the freemasons would be interesting too.

SixKeys's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Tetsou88 Go to original post
    I'm still playing AC:B, I'm near the very end and I already have AC:R(received it in the mail today, bought it at Amazon for 29.99+9.99 overnight shipping).

I just played the Templar Lair set in the Aqueduct, which serves as a good example of platforming outside of a Crypt. Although something built by the freemasons would be interesting too.
    Is the Aqueduct the one with all the water mills and the German Papal guard? That one never made sense to me. You enter a stone pillar on the Aqueduct and you emerge somewhere in a large open space with cliffs and waterfalls. The transition was just awkward.