Poodle_of_Doom's Avatar Senior Member

Time to Speculate

As I'm sure most, if not all, of you know, ACIII has been announced. The date of release is October 30th. (By the way, I've mentioned I thought this was the date of release before, and some of you hoped I was right...) On that note, I thought it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to speculation, both about the game, and the story line.

One of the things I would like to speculate on would be who's side the protagonist is on. I know it seems obvious through the merciless killing of the Red Coats... and that awesome little slash of blue he wears. But is it possible that he's on neither side? Perhaps he's a straight up Assassin, allowing the people to play with their will, instead of allowing the governing powers that be (and may contain Templars) establish a foothold in the ranks of either side? And if he is an American, or fighting for the Americans... Does that, by defualt, suggest that America may not be as infiltrated as we first imagined? As I recall, industry had be infiltrated, and some aspects of government, but not all.

Captain Tomatoz's Avatar Senior Member
    In the AC1 CGI trailer Altair only killed Crusaders. In the game he killed Crusaders and Saracens. I think it may be the same case here

He is technically on neither side.

Connor is fighting against tyranny, due to his village being attacked by colonists, which led him to joining the ranks of the Assassins. He is shown more on the side of the americans due to him having known Charles Lee at a young age, and becoming allies with him and George Washington and such. He isn't fighting for America, but against tyranny and for freedom

So,... I've just watched the trailer today. I've noticed you all know this new Assassins name. Can I ask where you got it from?

SixKeys's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Poodle_of_Doom Go to original post
    So,... I've just watched the trailer today. I've noticed you all know this new Assassins name. Can I ask where you got it from?
    A leaked GameInformer article.

Acrimonious_Nin's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by LoveTwisted Go to original post
    He is technically on neither side.

Connor is fighting against tyranny, due to his village being attacked by colonists, which led him to joining the ranks of the Assassins. He is shown more on the side of the americans due to him having known Charles Lee at a young age, and becoming allies with him and George Washington and such. He isn't fighting for America, but against tyranny and for freedom
    whoa he is against tyranny and freedom? or was that an error :O

Originally Posted by Acrimonious_Nin Go to original post
    whoa he is against tyranny and freedom? or was that an error :O
    That was an error lol. I've fixed it
    OR, he could be, we still don't know xD

Just out of curiosity, could I get a link? I'd love to read the article. Connor is a cool name though. I also heard that he will be of Mohawk, and British, decent.

Lonesoldier2012's Avatar Banned
    Connor kills the Unjust. Templar's are on both sides of the war.

Originally Posted by Poodle_of_Doom Go to original post
    Just out of curiosity, could I get a link? I'd love to read the article. Connor is a cool name though. I also heard that he will be of Mohawk, and British, decent.
    That he is. British Father, Mohawk Mother