I'm curious about the rules governing aircraft losses.
    Examples:
    You land safely at base and then "bail out" for some reason after landing. Does this score your aircraft as lost?
    You crash land spectacularly at base and remain sitting in nothing but the cockpit. Does this count as a lost aircraft?
    Crash landing on the friendly side of the front line. You "hitch a ride back to base" but is the aircraft counted as lost?
    And, is there anything you can do to avoid dying from wounds?

I'm curious about the rules governing aircraft losses.
    Examples:
    You land safely at base and then "bail out" for some reason after landing. Does this score your aircraft as lost?
    You crash land spectacularly at base and remain sitting in nothing but the cockpit. Does this count as a lost aircraft?
    Crash landing on the friendly side of the front line. You "hitch a ride back to base" but is the aircraft counted as lost?
    And, is there anything you can do to avoid dying from wounds?

It scores you as bailed out.

And bailed out means the aircraft is lost?

Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    Crash where the heck you been... How's Jen.. good to see you....

I tend to consider bailing out when the controls, ailerons and elevators, are in tatters. Other then that I tend to try and put aircraft down.

if you succesfully ditch your aircraft dont bail out. if you bail out you loose the aircraft.
    only bail out when its your only option to save the pilot.

Sometimes I've found that in a campaign mission if I bail out on the enemy side of the front line, but not toooo deep into enemy territory, I still manage to be allowed to hit "apply" for the mission instead of having to play it over again.

Zeus-cat's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sometimes I've found that in a campaign mission if I bail out on the enemy side of the front line, but not toooo deep into enemy territory, I still manage to be allowed to hit "apply" for the mission instead of having to play it over again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This feature was added in one of the upgrades. I don't remeember which one.

I ran out of ammo once and landed at home base sitting in the aircraft and watching the rest of my flight battling. I noticed a lone 109 had appeared above me so I bailed out of my undamaged Hurricane before he strafed me.
    He missed after all but it occured to me that my aircraft was probably still counted as lost so I would've been better to stay in the aircraft and try to taxi it to safety despite being attacked.