LaMOi's Avatar Senior Member
    WTF............

Who the hell thought this mission up, cant use any weapons and I have to use the apple of Eden to kill these guys in the Colosseum????

Sorry this is just rubbish... Why ruin a good mission, who thinks this crap up? Do they get paid?

Horrible.

(here a clip - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...4LGc&feature=channel)

WTF............

Who the hell thought this mission up, cant use any weapons and I have to use the apple of Eden to kill these guys in the Colosseum????

Sorry this is just rubbish... Why ruin a good mission, who thinks this crap up? Do they get paid?

Horrible.

(here a clip - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...4LGc&feature=channel)

So I end up running around waiting for the Apple to charge up.. and repeat that tactic till ive killed the guards...

And then wait ..... no... More apple fun!! FUN!!! I still cant use any weapons, theres a decent fight going on and I cant use any weapons???!!!! WTF!

This total BS... I cannot believe which bonehead thought of this, its completely insane anyone would think this is fun...................

Ubisoft what were you thinking?

I think they thought the fans would like to actually use the apple and let them taste a glimpse of it's power.

I on the other hand like those missions, it was a sudden change of structure(Sort of).

It was just plain dull.... broing and frustrating..

What a waste.. Atleast give me the freakin choice to use my weapons OR the Apple of Eden... You idiots Ubisoft.. CHOICE is always the answer to multiple gamers with different styles of play... I pray im in the majority when I say I hated that part for the game - with a PASSION!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LaMOi:
    It was just plain dull.... broing and frustrating..

What a waste.. Atleast give me the freakin choice to use my weapons OR the Apple of Eden... You idiots Ubisoft.. CHOICE is always the answer to multiple gamers with different styles of play... I pray im in the majority when I say I hated that part for the game - with a PASSION! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Trust me, your not.

I actually really liked the idea of getting to use the apple of eden. The problem with it,is that the only way to use it effectively is to get real close to someone, charge it up, release it, and then run away (since most of your health is now gone). This seems like a very weird tactic to use as someone who holds the apple of eden, "run" shoudln't be involved in the proper use of the apple.

Instead what they should have done is have two ways to utilize the apple. One way would be a "targeted" approach (similar to using the hidden gun), you only target one person, if you just tap the X button then the target should either cower in fear or run away, Charging the apple to the near maximum should result in the person either killing themselves or just freak out (kill their allies, run around, scream for help etc).

Also, restricting your weapons for no reason is very messed up. It works if there is a legitimate reason to retrict your weapons, but lazy mission design isn't a legitimate reason. A legitimate reason should involve something related to the story (for example, losing all your armor in the attack on the ville made sense.. losing certain weapons in certain lairs of Romulus and when holding the apple doesn't make sense plot wise)

The area effect ability of the apple should have been something to use outside of combat to manipulate people (this would be for doing things like getting into restricted areas or making distractions etc).

rileypoole1234's Avatar Senior Member
    Stop whining. Its the apple of eden, therefore it's awesome

The apple was cool. It just wasn't something that piqued my curiousity for very long.
    It started riots and knocked people out, and that's about it.

It would have been more neat if you could target someone with it, and it would allow you to fight from their shoes. You'd get to play as a brute and turn on his friends, or maybe play as a papal guard. Stuff like that.

Or even more cool, make it so the apple can also multiply its user and then the user can jump from copy to copy, doing some fun team combos.
    One Ezio can push a guard, then you switch to another Ezio who catches them.

P.S. I like how the apple froze time while you were charging it. That was very dramatic and cool.

I did't use the apple at all. I ran past everyone and 100% synced the mission, so that's one way to avoid raging over something so pointless.

I went back later and used the apple for the fun of it, just to see. I prefer swords, etc. but it was alright for a bit. *shrug*