Originally posted by crazyivan1970:
    Big question is...who is not biased . Name me one book that is not biased, i am all ears.
    ------------------------------------------------

Hi ivan!

Im now reading a book called
    Jg 26 Topguns off the luftwaffe
    by Donald L. Caldwell
    If you like reading about the germans flying Me109+Fw190s the book is a good read.
    sadly the book is a pocket (hate those) but the book can be found in hardback too (rare).
    The book is written by an american.And he tells the conflict Unbiased from British,german and american perspective.Theres lot off airfights being described with casualties and victories,at some point the the jg 26 seam to be supermens but on the next page they are losing pilot+planes highly.One off the most facinating thing in the book is the Killclaims Vs Enemy losses,the Jg 26 were very strict with claims,and many times they underclaim their kills!!!.

[Si Vis Pacem,Para Bellum = If you wish for peace, prepare for war.]

Thanks, found it

Yeah thats the one!

And I have the companion book A Pictorial History (or some such). Lots of GREAT photos (like of guys riding in the aft fuselage of Fw190A's ). What struck me on first reading was the incessant "KIA 15/06/43" (example) in the captions. Guys were dropping like flies after '43.