Anyone who recalls the Chuck Older Flying Tiger posts on the old Yahoo Aviation link and wondered whether Mr Older was "the real deal" might be interested in the following item in the LA Times.

Gotta be the same guy -

Quote -

LOS ANGELES The Los Angeles judge who presided over the murder trial of Charles Manson and his followers has died.

Charles Older was 88. He died Saturday of complications from a fall.

A longtime friend and former law partner describes Older as "a Renaissance man" who enjoyed painting and golf. He'd also been a war hero -- serving as a pilot with the Flying Tigers and shooting down at least 18 Japanese planes during World War Two.

Manson prosecutor Vincent Bugliosi remembers Older as a man who handled the circus-like trial in a firm, fair and dignified way.

- Unquote

Anyone who recalls the Chuck Older Flying Tiger posts on the old Yahoo Aviation link and wondered whether Mr Older was "the real deal" might be interested in the following item in the LA Times.

Gotta be the same guy -

Quote -

LOS ANGELES The Los Angeles judge who presided over the murder trial of Charles Manson and his followers has died.

Charles Older was 88. He died Saturday of complications from a fall.

A longtime friend and former law partner describes Older as "a Renaissance man" who enjoyed painting and golf. He'd also been a war hero -- serving as a pilot with the Flying Tigers and shooting down at least 18 Japanese planes during World War Two.

Manson prosecutor Vincent Bugliosi remembers Older as a man who handled the circus-like trial in a firm, fair and dignified way.

- Unquote

Dude, you scared me for a moment.

He's not our Chuck, right?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pirschjaeger:

He's not our Chuck, right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats what i thought...i don't think our Older is in his 80's

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pirschjaeger:

..... Honestly don't know. When was the last time we saw a post from CO?

joeap's Avatar Senior Member
    Look here

Chuck has posted

No worries. I hope.

MEGILE's Avatar Senior Member
    Thankfully it looks like its not our Chuck.

88 years is a good innings.

RIP.

danjama's Avatar Senior Member
    For a moment i was thinking of Chuck Norris.

RIP to Mr.Older

:Surprised:

Dude, you scared me for a moment. :Blink:

Wow, man I thought the same - scared the hell out of me.

S! Chuck

BSS_Goat's Avatar Senior Member
    GROUP HUG!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►