Hi,

A few years ago Ubisoft announced a really good game called Assassin's Creed. Was this game ever released? It was some kind of Hitman set during the crusades and it was possible to blend in with the crowd to avoid being detected by the guards. Was a really nice concept but I can't find this game anywhere. All I found was this series with a similar name but it just seems to be some kind of 3rd Person Call of Duty.

And now let's be serious:

What the is Ubisoft doing? Really, I don't mind if they give you the possibility to fight and so on ... but why do they prevent you from using social stealth in every way possible? I mean: They give all these cool gadgets and: They even added the social stealth ... but you just can't use it because every mission is scripted. You don't have a chance to play the game any other way than imagined by the developers. And these ways almost never include social stealth. It's always about killing the entire enemy army or blowing up a whole base or armada (as seen in the E3 demo).

I'm not saying that AC1 was better with it's monotonous research missions ... but the assassinations were better. Because you could choose and plan how to kill your target. Of course you were limited thanks to the very basic social stealth system and lack of equipment. But now ... well ... now you have at least a working social stealth system and lots of equipment to really plan your assassination ... but you're not allowed to use it. Because in almost every mission its just: Going to the target, being detected thanks to script, fight the enemy army and kill your target in a fight.

If they add social stealth and so on why don't they let us use it?

So: I don't care if they use the same scripted research missions as in AC2 and AC:B but please: Give us unscripted assassinations. I want to choose if I want to fight my way through or if I want to use a silent approach, sneaking through the crowd to get near my target. Or maybe just using the roofs. This would greatly improve the gameplay and you would have fun playing missions more than once. At the moment the missions are ALWAYS the same. And this is just boring.

I don't want the impossible. Just more freedom during the assassinations. It's an open world game after all. At the moment AC is nothing more than a CoD game: Lot's of explosions, everything scripted.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

Hi,

A few years ago Ubisoft announced a really good game called Assassin's Creed. Was this game ever released? It was some kind of Hitman set during the crusades and it was possible to blend in with the crowd to avoid being detected by the guards. Was a really nice concept but I can't find this game anywhere. All I found was this series with a similar name but it just seems to be some kind of 3rd Person Call of Duty.

And now let's be serious:

What the is Ubisoft doing? Really, I don't mind if they give you the possibility to fight and so on ... but why do they prevent you from using social stealth in every way possible? I mean: They give all these cool gadgets and: They even added the social stealth ... but you just can't use it because every mission is scripted. You don't have a chance to play the game any other way than imagined by the developers. And these ways almost never include social stealth. It's always about killing the entire enemy army or blowing up a whole base or armada (as seen in the E3 demo).

I'm not saying that AC1 was better with it's monotonous research missions ... but the assassinations were better. Because you could choose and plan how to kill your target. Of course you were limited thanks to the very basic social stealth system and lack of equipment. But now ... well ... now you have at least a working social stealth system and lots of equipment to really plan your assassination ... but you're not allowed to use it. Because in almost every mission its just: Going to the target, being detected thanks to script, fight the enemy army and kill your target in a fight.

If they add social stealth and so on why don't they let us use it?

So: I don't care if they use the same scripted research missions as in AC2 and AC:B but please: Give us unscripted assassinations. I want to choose if I want to fight my way through or if I want to use a silent approach, sneaking through the crowd to get near my target. Or maybe just using the roofs. This would greatly improve the gameplay and you would have fun playing missions more than once. At the moment the missions are ALWAYS the same. And this is just boring.

I don't want the impossible. Just more freedom during the assassinations. It's an open world game after all. At the moment AC is nothing more than a CoD game: Lot's of explosions, everything scripted.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

TROLLOLOLOLOLOL

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nateoak10:
    TROLLOLOLOLOLOL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I cannot tell how much I saw this coming...

Difficult to take the flaws of AC2/ACB serious, isn't it?

SPYQC's Avatar Junior Member
    i agree with you. id like more freedom as well, but it wont stop me from playing and enjoying the games. even if its scripted as hell and easy, its still so good.

I do agree that more social stealth would be nice but it won't stop me from playing the game or enjoying the game. :P

shobhit7777777's Avatar Senior Member
    Agreed...more open ended assassinations...simply give us a target location and then allow the player to decide how he/she tackles it....leave the investigations as side missions to gain extra info...not mission critical but for the OCD player.

Also please include MORE ASSASSINATIONS!!!! Its a game about Assassins after all.

And please stop wasting time on 'Exotic Gameplay' moments..they are not cool...are Michael Bay movies cool? NO

iN3krO's Avatar Banned
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SPYQC:
    i agree with you. id like more freedom as well, but it wont stop me from playing and enjoying the games. even if its scripted as hell and easy, its still so good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Once again, Good is not Perfect... AcR will have the chance to be perfect but if dev team keep thinking that everything they did in Ac2/B were good BALANCED improvements than the game will just be good...

A perfect game is God Of War... Hard with surperb gameplay, good missions and perfect story...

Assassin's Creed is a good game... Easy, with umbalanced gameplay, "nice" missions and almost perfect story...

It's always nice to hear about others feeling the same way as i do i this matter. There has been a lot of threads expressing a discontent to this action/dumbed down approach to the franchise that the Ubi team has been having lately. I just hope someone over there reads them...

I mean come on! All these kids who like that sort of gameplay shouldn't even play the game. It's M-rated after all

God it must seem like i hate the game. I don't. I just see the amazing potential this franchise has!

xx-pyro's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SPYQC:
    i agree with you. id like more freedom as well, but it wont stop me from playing and enjoying the games. even if its scripted as hell and easy, its still so good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Once again, Good is not Perfect... AcR will have the chance to be perfect but if dev team keep thinking that everything they did in Ac2/B were good BALANCED improvements than the game will just be good...

A perfect game is God Of War... Hard with surperb gameplay, good missions and perfect story...

Assassin's Creed is a good game... Easy, with umbalanced gameplay, "nice" missions and almost perfect story... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

God of War. At least you have to press 2 buttons to win AC fights (R1/Square for PS3,) God of War all you do is mash attack and auto-win. lol.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►