I have 4.04m now. Infomation seems to but hard to find what i need to get to 4.08. Since that most online games are going to 4.08 i want to get there. I live in the us and ubisoft doesn't list any patches past 4.04m when i go to there sight.

I have 4.04m now. Infomation seems to but hard to find what i need to get to 4.08. Since that most online games are going to 4.08 i want to get there. I live in the us and ubisoft doesn't list any patches past 4.04m when i go to there sight.

buying the two new addons that are included in the '46 dvd (Sturmovicks over manchuria and '46) will get you to 4.07, and then there is a free patch that will get ya to 4.08

As far as the DVD, it includes everything in the series and the two new addons in one cd, so reinstalling is very simple. They are still not selling it in the states yet, but you can order from gogamer.com (among a few other sites) that will ship to the US.

Also I believe that the two addons are available for online purchace and then download at the ubi site.

Have fun and good luck

MaxMhz's Avatar Senior Member
    As said above, best is to order the Sturmovik 1946 2DVD set, from NWS Online Combat Game shop , www.gogamer.com or another online shop. I would not recommend downloading because of the activation code and other hassles (like an all-french interface that keeps returning). the DVD has all games and updates upto 4.07m. you'd only need 4.08m then. As a bonus you'd get BoB SoW preview-movies and FB movies on a second DVD that will play in your home cinema set. The price is equal to the download updates 4.06m+4.07m

-HH-Quazi's Avatar Senior Member
    I bought the downloads, got rid of BoontyBox, and installed them over my 4.04m without a problem. I got the DVD also but have yet to open it. The downloads include 4.05m(Pe-2), 4.06m(Sturmoviks over Manchuria), & 4.07m(1946) and it costs $33 USD. You have to extract the download to a seperate folder in order to get rid of all the BoontyBox junk. Then just copy-n-paste what is left into your FB 4.04m folder. A little cheaper than the DVD.

But for re-installation of the entire sim, the DVD can't be beat. Which is why I purchased it also.