DrHerb's Avatar Senior Member
    Not sure if this was posted before, but the pilot greased her in nicely all things considered

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rf9Br4n-hMc&feature=related

DrHerb's Avatar Senior Member
    Not sure if this was posted before, but the pilot greased her in nicely all things considered

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rf9Br4n-hMc&feature=related

Well done indeed.

LEBillfish's Avatar Senior Member
    Nice find!...Have never seen that one before.

M_Gunz's Avatar Banned
    If anyone needs to see why to land gently, there it is!

leitmotiv's Avatar Senior Member
    I saw an unusual show at Duxford. I visited on a chilly morning in January 1994. Only a few people were around. A good time for viewing---the restoration people gave me access to the Blenheim IV I never would have received on a busy summer day. Right after I arrived I saw a late model Spitfire putting on an incredible show. Climbing and diving over and over, and not easy air show stuff, either. He was thowing the airplane around like he was in a dogfight. Everybody was watching amazed. Then he landed and got out. Very routine. That's when the people in the know told us we almost got to see a Spitfire written off. The Spit's landing gear had refused to deploy. That terrific air show was the desperate pilot using high Gs to throw down the landing gear! It worked.

Was that a Storch in there?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by leitmotiv:
    I saw an unusual show at Duxford. I visited on a chilly morning in January 1994. Only a few people were around. A good time for viewing---the restoration people gave me access to the Blenheim IV I never would have received on a busy summer day. Right after I arrived I saw a late model Spitfire putting on an incredible show. Climbing and diving over and over, and not easy air show stuff, either. He was thowing the airplane around like he was in a dogfight. Everybody was watching amazed. Then he landed and got out. Very routine. That's when the people in the know told us we almost got to see a Spitfire written off. The Spit's landing gear had refused to deploy. That terrific air show was the desperate pilot using high Gs to throw down the landing gear! It worked. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guess somebody in Duxford likes belly-landings? The Hurris gear was not completely lowered and locked either. Guess that's why he tried to bring her down as smooth as possible.

The Hurri driver should have cut the mags once down though. That would have resulted in a bit less prop and enginge damage when he nosed over at the end.

Of course, that's EASY for me to say, since all I have to do is watch the vid and not make the landing. He 'done good', and landing that Hurri without doing major damage was great piloting.