<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AnthonyA85:
    Has anyone else noticed the rather obvous continuity error in that video clip? Altair pulling off Ledge Assassinate and Air Assassinate.

He didn't come up with those techniques until after AC1, acording to the Codex, and here he is using them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My thoughts on this...

a) as lightrey points out, it could be that we are reliving Altair via Ezio, who is being relived directly by Desomnd. Since Ezio/Desomnd know these moves.. they may be able to use them while reliving Altairs memories..

b) I believe we are not able to do the air assassinations ( sort of, if timed right you can do some air assassinations in AC1.. its just a more manual way of doing it... anyways)/ ledge assassinations bc the developers hadnt thought or it yet, and therefore didnt implement it into AC1. When they made improvements to AC2 they wanted to also try and make it part of the story.. so they included them within the codex page.. ( so it wasnt just like... "hey, new moves") After reading the codex about the new techniques today, its more implied that that was when he and malik perfected the techniques and when they decided to RECORD them on paper... not necessarily when Altair new about them ( we just didnt do it because, plain and simple, it just wasnt thought of to put in the game yet. being able to grab someone from a ledge or jumping onto them from higher ground doesnt seem like something that would take a master assassins X amount of years to figure out, but when he decided to right the codex, he wanted to RECORD THEM so that these techniques are never forgotten.

Also, when creating a game and realizing all the new improvements that are made, you have to find that fine line, do you sacrifice those new improvements and take them away from people because you are doing a flash back type to an older character from a previous title.. or do you give people the chance to use those improvements on a former character that people really cared about and enable them to experience that character to the full potential. Just like with the climbing, its not literally that Altair can climb faster at 18 then 25.. but merely that the developers improved on the climbing mechanic from one game to the next and therefore will continue to use it...

as far the demo goes.. it shows a lot of potential.. even for being so linear, there seems to be a lot of freedom and variety. Its obvious that things were shorted.. Even Derby said that this was just a tiny tiny portion of the Altair sequence we will actually be playing. I think a lot of the discrepancies we are seeing are faily easy to justify and understand. But really, the voice.. I cann understand if you just dont like the voice.. but the developers made it more authentic for a reason.. they arent just gonna revert it back to an american accent right now because a handful of people care more about nostalgia then detail.

if theres one things that threw me off a little ( not game breaking.. but im curious).. how come one of the guards is using a crossbow?? you can see someone get killed with a crossbow right after Altair assassinates the guy on the roof. I thought the reason Altair didnt have one in AC1 was being a crossbow of that size wasnt invented in that time period.. yet, even before the events of AC1 ( this memory) there is a crossbow..
    maybe its not a crossbow?? and im mistaken??

just wonderin?

LightRey's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SF2themax:
    as far the demo goes.. it shows a lot of potential.. even for being so linear, there seems to be a lot of freedom and variety. Its obvious that things were shorted.. Even Derby said that this was just a tiny tiny portion of the Altair sequence we will actually be playing. I think a lot of the discrepancies we are seeing are faily easy to justify and understand. But really, the voice.. I cann understand if you just dont like the voice.. but the developers made it more authentic for a reason.. they arent just gonna revert it back to an american accent right now because a handful of people care more about nostalgia then detail.

if theres one things that threw me off a little ( not game breaking.. but im curious).. how come one of the guards is using a crossbow?? you can see someone get killed with a crossbow right after Altair assassinates the guy on the roof. I thought the reason Altair didnt have one in AC1 was being a crossbow of that size wasnt invented in that time period.. yet, even before the events of AC1 ( this memory) there is a crossbow..

just wonderin? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Crossbows were around long before Ataïr's time actually. He simply didn't have one, because the developers weren't able to implement it by the time AC1 came out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SF2themax:

Crossbows were around long before Ataïr's time actually. He simply didn't have one, because the developers weren't able to implement it by the time AC1 came out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats what I thought. But i remember there for a while people were saying that they took it out because the developers thought it wasnt invented yet and they didnt want to be inaccurate. I just wanted to double check.

ShaneO7K's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Crossbows were around long before Ataïr's time actually. He simply didn't have one, because the developers weren't able to implement it by the time AC1 came out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He had it in one of the CGI trailers but he lost it in the same trailer, it was probably one those things they just removed to keep the game on a good level.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

He had it in one of the CGI trailers but he lost it in the same trailer, it was probably one those things they just removed to keep the game on a good level. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yah, after some further research, crossbows were in fact around, but i remember people saying that they took it out because they thought it was historically inaccurate. so i was just wondering what the final verdict was.

LightRey's Avatar Senior Member
    yah, after some further research, crossbows were in fact around, but i remember people saying that they took it out because they thought it was historically inaccurate. so i was just wondering what the final verdict was. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    yeah, I too remember there was some discussion about that. The facts speak for themselves though.

Yay! More continuity errors.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SupremeCaptain:
    Yay! More continuity errors. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not really!. we just discussed this... see above^

we've established that the crossbow was infact accurate in that time period. the developers just didnt have time to implement it into the first 2 games. Now that they have been able to build on the game and add the crossbow, that + the fact that it is in fact historically accurate, they were able to put it in the game like they intentionally wanted to in the first place.

as far as some of the other continuity errors, Ive posted plenty of posts with a variety of reasons they could be justified. Maybe those reasons dont work for you and some others on here.. which is fine, i understand your points and opinions.. but they work for me i guess.

Calvarok's Avatar Senior Member
    Actually, I think they said that crossbows were much bigger and bulkier than they showed them in that trailer, which is why they couldn't include that one. I dunno, it could make sense fo the Templars to have a asuper awesome prototype weapon. I'm withholding judgement till they've played all their cards.

Page 5 of 5 ◄◄  First ... 345