Hi!

I can't seem to figure out how to really use the bombsight. I can access it, but there are no cross hairs or anything. How do you bring up the cross hairs, and do you need to adjust them to your altitude and such to sight them in, and if you do, how?

Probably a stupid question

Thanks!

Hi!

I can't seem to figure out how to really use the bombsight. I can access it, but there are no cross hairs or anything. How do you bring up the cross hairs, and do you need to adjust them to your altitude and such to sight them in, and if you do, how?

Probably a stupid question

Thanks!

This helped a whole lot. Thor over @ BFS created this.

http://www.battle-fields.com/c...owthread.php?t=18146

Probably another stupid question, but I downloaded the tutorial, and it keeps asking me what program to run it on, and I'm not sure which one it is . What program does it run on?

Thanks again!

It is a zip file so you need to get yourself WinZip program. I think there is a free one called WinRAR. Maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Once you can open the zip file the document is a .PDF. you will need adobe reader for that

A quick answer to your original question: it sounds like you're not flying level when you access the bombsight, the US, German, and Japanese sights will only appear if your plane is flying straight and level for at least a couple of seconds. Look for the "level autopilot" button (or something like that) in your controls, hit it, wait for the plane to stabilize, and your bombsight crosshairs will appear.

Here is a video tutorial on using the Norden bombsight.

http://joe90.blip.tv/file/715991/

There are some .ntrk videos at M4T for using some of the other bombsights.

Wheels

Thanks everyone! There is truly a wealth of knowledge here !