Chuck_Older's Avatar Banned
    SMG? A light machine gun would be LMG, wouldn't it?

SMG is a submachine gun, basically a hand held automatic weapon that fires sub-sonic rounds

Killers in America work seven days a week
    ~ Clash

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>SMG? A light machine gun would be LMG, wouldn't it?

SMG is a submachine gun, basically a hand held automatic weapon that fires sub-sonic rounds <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are two check lights for "SMG 176", they are next to the ammo counter in the FW 190.

SMG would mean submachine gun in English but i think that the sMG in the pit means heavy machinegun (In German of course). Also SMG rounds are not sub sonic.

Excellent idea in the first post btw!

Take a look to the sky just before you die, it's the last time you will!

I agree, btw, I think it's good we continue to bring these issues up in positive ways if possible. I realize nothing will be done for IL-2FB/AEP but for BOB and later additions it's very important.

http://www.virtualpilots.fi/hist/109myths/#weapons

Ky¶sti Karhila being attacked by Soviet La-5:
    "Do you hear the sound of passing enemy projectiles?
    No, it is masked by the sound of your engine and the airflow, but I heard the tac-tac-tac of the enemy guns."
    - Ky¶sti Karhila, Finnish fighter ace. 32 victories. Source: Interview by Finnish Virtual Pilots Association.

"-Can you hear the engine of another plane if you are flying next to it?
    No, since your own engine is closer and its noise drowns that of the other one. But you can feel taking a hit, it is like "clack, clack". The holes then were the holes of the splinters of a heavy AAA shell."
    - Ky¶sti Karhila, Finnish fighter ace.
    ---------------------------------------------
    "- What effect does the weapons' recoil have?
    Nnooo, it has no effect, you don't push the trigger all the time. You fire accurate shots. And you don't have so many rounds.
    - Smoke? The smoke of the cannon or the mg's? Does it affect visibility when firing?
    Nothing, no smoke, no effect to view."
    - V¤in¶ Pokela, Finnish fighter ace and Me 109 trainer. 5 victories. Source: Interview of V¤in¶ Pokela by Finnish Virtual Pilots Association.
    --------------------------------------------
    About gun muzzle flashes on Me 109 G:
    "I have specifically asked this from Ky¶sti Karhila, a FiAF H75A and Bf 109 ace.
    Of the shake he noted that there practically was none, and in fact you had hard time even hearing your guns firing because there is so much other noise in a fighter aircraft. This is specially interesting as his preferred ride in Bf 109's was the three cannon Bf 109 G-6/R6. Same with the muzzle flash, he dryly noted that there was none visible to the pilot, not even from the 13mm cowl guns.
    For marketability reasons these effects just seem to be generally overmodelled in some flight simulators. Possibly because of the muzzle flashes in Hollywood movies, where blanks are being fired. Blank ammo does cause sizable muzzle flash, because the powder is different from the one used in live ammo, and because there practically is no bullet slowing down the exit of the hot gases."
    - Pentti Kurkinen, enthusiast

www.jg51.net

interessting point!
    If Oleg won't change the muzzle flash, maybe we can avoid it if we deactivate the MG.

Unless Olegs wants the Lw to fly blinded...

p1ngu666's Avatar Senior Member
    isnt this option on the A4?

&lt;123_GWood_JG123&gt; NO SPAM!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gryphonne:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>SMG? A light machine gun would be LMG, wouldn't it?

SMG is a submachine gun, basically a hand held automatic weapon that fires sub-sonic rounds <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are two check lights for "SMG 176", they are next to the ammo counter in the FW 190.

SMG would mean submachine gun in English but i _think_ that the sMG in the pit means heavy machinegun (In German of course). Also SMG rounds are not sub sonic.

Excellent idea in the first post btw!

_Take a look to the sky just before you die, it's the last time you will!_<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SMG, was my fault should mean small but u can say LMG too, actually u can say crowling MG's but that's not the point...

@Pingu:

no.
    i think u are referring to the A4 which has only the inner Cannons.
    But this version performs even worse than the "Default" A4.
    BTW i don't say the guns are completly useless, but they are no help while aiming and tracking your gunnery. (so i would like to have an option to disable them, unlink them from the electrical system)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ToP_BlackSheep:
    SMG, was my fault should mean small but u can say LMG too, actually u can say crowling MG's but that's not the point...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm pretty sure it means "schweres Maschinengewehr" or heavy machine gun, just as Gryphonne said.

WWMaxGunz's Avatar Senior Member
    Something must be done, I mean to kill the flash or reduce it.
    I cannot imagine flying especially early 109's and not being able to use
    the MG's effectively!

Neal

nice idea

Fliegen heißt Landen!!!

Matzen

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Willey:
    I'd rather just like to leave them at home - 74,4kgs less of useless ballast in my FW.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are in good company. Erich Rudorffer had the peashooters removed as useless and the throughs faired over in his 190A6. But I guess a major ace and leader gets more leeway.