I just watched the movie: Memphis Belle. It's about a b-17 and her crew during WWII. Anyone ever seen it?

It's pretty good, i think it's a book too.

Anyways just thot i tell u guys i liked it. I'd say it's worth picking up at ur local video store if they've got it.

I just watched the movie: Memphis Belle. It's about a b-17 and her crew during WWII. Anyone ever seen it?

It's pretty good, i think it's a book too.

Anyways just thot i tell u guys i liked it. I'd say it's worth picking up at ur local video store if they've got it.

Yup, I've seen it. If your talking about the one made in 1990, with Matt Modine and Billy Zane. Its a pretty good movie, although it doesn't stitck to the true story of the Memphis Belle.

The movie was alright. I went to see the actual plane on Mud Island a few years ago and the condition it was in was a real shame. People had written **** on it and brocken a whole bunch of her windows. Luckily it was removed not too long ago for restoration.

Mud Island smells like **** by the way.

One 'o my favorite movies. Gotta love it, gotta love it.

Xiolablu3's Avatar Senior Member
    I htought it was pretty good when I saw it years ago, then I watched it again and thought it wasnt too good.

How about a film about a Heinkel or Stuka crew during the BOB or Battle of Russia>>??

Or a German Fighter pilot who goes through the Me109 , FW190, Me262 and the **** he had to go through in the war.

That would make a fantastic film.

Would be really interesting. You could even have Tom Cruise as the lead to keep the girls happy (like top gun? )

ElAurens's Avatar Senior Member
    The Memphis Belle was moved to be restored under threat of removal by it's owners, the National Museum Of the United States Air Force. If the "Belle" is not properly taken care of and protected, the USAF Museum will exercise it's right of ownership and move the aircraft to Wright Field. The folks at Dayton are very upset about the ill treatment that their most famous, and valuable, aircraft has gotten.

WTE_Ibis's Avatar Senior Member
    I think there was a black and white movie made for military recruiting or propagander or to raise war bonds, which featured the original in actual combat.Not sure, someone will know.

I read in 2 aviation magazines where the USAF has repoed the Belle and its going to Dayton. Im surprised at the condition, as it was in great shape when I saw it, but that was back in 87. It took yrs to be restored in Tenn., so I cant understand how they could let some morons get to it. It will sure be taken care of now.

I wonder if they will put it near "SHoo, shoo baby.

The war time movie is the John Ford documentary whre he flew wiht them on thier 25th and last misn. Its not just propadanda, but is the actual raid, complete wiht the gunners blasting a fighter

I enjoyed the flying scenes in the movie, but it really was a disapointment to me. A french B17 being used in filming was destroyed in a take off accident, wiht no injuries.

danjama's Avatar Senior Member
    Memphis Belle was THE film that got me into warbirds at the tender age of 7(11 yrs ago now)i love it as much now as i did then. Have it sittin proudly on my shelves in my room. Great story, although age has taught me of its inaccuracys.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►