Are there any development shots floating around of the cokpit for this plane? Oleg mentioned it in his last update post but I haven't been able to find screenshots or renders of ths plane and cockpit anywhere.

Are there any development shots floating around of the cokpit for this plane? Oleg mentioned it in his last update post but I haven't been able to find screenshots or renders of ths plane and cockpit anywhere.

Kuna15's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 3.JG51_BigBear:
    Are there any development shots floating around of the cokpit for this plane? Oleg mentioned it in his last update post but I haven't been able to find screenshots or renders of ths plane and cockpit anywhere. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here you go... but remember; don't tell anyone about the Sally.

He,he what Sally
    Thanks for the link.

It depends upon the level of realism you're taking things.

In FB theres no point because there isn't much to click on. Lights, flaps, throttles, mixtures, talking on the radio, prop settings, superchargers, and gear. And we have joysticks with god knows how many buttons to assign stuff to which is easy remember.
    In MS you have all that plus changing actual radio and NAVAID frequencies, identing those frequencies, you need to bring up the different control quadrants and displays at seperate times because it takes up to much space, fuel pumps and selectors, cowl flaps in some planes, pitot heat, setting the DG and HSI, setting the auto pilot (the hard way), working the GPS is an art in itself, marker beacons, carb heat, etc. That would all be a night mare without a clickable cockpit.

Given world war two planes are pretty complex too and if Oleg wanted he could take it that way. But the complexity is still nothing compared to modern aircraft in the modern airspace system. Ironically, even many of the realism whiners would bite off more than they could chew. Imagine starting up a P-47 manually for example...

Pre-takeoff and cockpit check

trim tab........................controls
    throttle control................closed
    prop control....................full fwd
    mixture.........................idle cut/off
    batt master.....................on
    mixture.........................check and set
    elevator........................set to takeoff
    rudder..........................neutral
    aileron.........................neutral
    emergency hydraulic amp pump....test
    cowl flaps......................open
    primer..........................closed and locked
    throttle........................1"
    battery master..................on
    starter switch..................clear
    123.............................start

Thats just getting the engine started nevermind before taking off the ground. And people whine this game is too advanced...

Anyways I think that a clickable cockpit with the items above is unecessary for the experience people want to get out of this game. Better off devoting processing power and resources more important things.

WTE_Ibis's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by darkhorizon11:

Anyways I think that a clickable cockpit with the items above is unecessary for the experience people want to get out of this game. Better off devoting processing power and resources more important things. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like half decent sound.

Can't wait for the Fokker!

http://www.sci.fi/~fta/finace92.htm

6 kills in 4 minutes...who can do it in FB?

Ooo I can! &lt;Raises hand&gt;

However, I very much respect the Finnish training scheme. They produced soem great pilots and amazing shots.