Strastvuite Towarischi

I am using IL2 Shturmovik Forgotten Battles and AEP. I have updated to newest versions.

I would like to fly the IL-16 extensively, including takeoff and Landing. When using the
    Gear up/down command, nothing happens. The IL-16
    templates do not show landing gear.
    Is this a Bug or on purpose? How can I get an IL-16 that will land?

Thank you,
    Dosvidanie, Turgunbek

Strastvuite Towarischi

I am using IL2 Shturmovik Forgotten Battles and AEP. I have updated to newest versions.

I would like to fly the IL-16 extensively, including takeoff and Landing. When using the
    Gear up/down command, nothing happens. The IL-16
    templates do not show landing gear.
    Is this a Bug or on purpose? How can I get an IL-16 that will land?

Thank you,
    Dosvidanie, Turgunbek

You'll have to map a couple of keys for manual raising and lowering of the landing gear.

LEXX_Luthor's Avatar Senior Member
    And pump the key about 40 times until the two lights turn green (gear down) or red (gear up). You will need this key mapped to work the manual landing gear with F~4 Wildcat in Pacific Fighters. If you fly these olde planes alot, like I do, you want to map manual gear down as "D" and manual gear up as "G" ... most see the "G" already taken and use "CTRL+G" for manual gear. Imagine pumping two (2) keys for about 40 times.

Wellcome to Forgotten Board

Another use for the manual gear keys is when the damage model has disabled your hydraulics. I have had to lower my gear manually many times in a/c that have hydraulic gear. God help me, I love this sim!

I use the convention that shift = increase, ctrl = decrease in FB. Useful for magnetos, gear, bombsight controls, etc. Easy to remember as Shift is above Ctrl on the keyboard.

Shift 1-4 toggles engine control, Ctrl 1-4 selects an individual engine, Ctrl ` selects all engines.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Philipscdrw:
    I use the convention that shift = increase, ctrl = decrease in FB. Useful for magnetos, gear, bombsight controls, etc. Easy to remember as Shift is above Ctrl on the keyboard.

Shift 1-4 toggles engine control, Ctrl 1-4 selects an individual engine, Ctrl ` selects all engines. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I use CTRL and SHIFT the exact same way very nice...

ps. Pumping two keys 40 times is no more work than pumping one, just hold one of the two.