Chuck_Older's Avatar Banned
    Harpoon Brewery in Windsor, VT, USA, makes beer, ale, stout, lager, what-have-you

They also make cream soda?!

I have my bottle right here. Actually, it's not really mine. It's my room-mates. And I have stolen it.

Now, aside from my larcenous nature, I know what's good. This Orange and Cream Soda is good. Very good. Surprisingly good.

I recommend it. Not the theft, the soda.

Zyzbot's Avatar Senior Member
    I bet it tastes just a bit better due to being "stolen"!

horseback's Avatar Senior Member
    We have a Brand here in LoCal (LA is SoCal, but we're farther down on the map) called IBT, which makes an awesome root beer, creme soda and orange creme soda, that come only in bottles. To ensure their cachet of exclusivity and make no concessions to modern novelties, you still need a bottle opener (or very sturdy teeth) to open it.

Unfortunately, I lack a roommate to pilfer it from to further enhance its flavor...

cheers

horseback

I'll drink to that... to the soda that is... As long as you dont steal my Atari 2600 when Im going for a world record score playing Pac Man... or a game more complex than that.

Most sincere apologies Chuck.

heywooood's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by horseback:
    We have a Brand here in LoCal (LA is SoCal, but we're farther down on the map) called IBT, which makes an awesome root beer, creme soda and orange creme soda, that come only in bottles. To ensure their cachet of exclusivity and make no concessions to modern novelties, you still need a bottle opener (or very sturdy teeth) to open it.

Unfortunately, I lack a roommate to pilfer it from to further enhance its flavor...

cheers

horseback <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

you mean IBC ?....or did you have IBTL in mind... IBC rootbeer and cream sodas are the best - whether you pay for them or not.

Drink it like you stole it!

horseback's Avatar Senior Member
    heywooood-(I'm sitting here squinting at the screen and wondering if there are 4 or 5 'o's in heywooood) you're right, it is IBC, but I was at work, and surrounded by geeks guzzling Mountain Dew and telling me that that terminology was perfectly okay for the Navy, why do the Marines want it changed?

In any case, their Orange Creme Soda is superb, the liquid equivalent of my oatmeal-almond cookies.

cheers

horseback

I stick with straight Coke on ice myself. Preferably crushed ice. Sometimes I go a little wild and have a Henry's Orange and Cream, but I try not to do that unless I have a friend to talk me down if I overdo it.

I even have my authentic Red Baron beer stein to drink it out of. Remind me sometime and I'll post a pic of it. It cost my ex-wife a hundred bucks when she bought it for me, but she wasn't too bright even as ex's go.