Hey, I'm new at these boards and I was wondering if there was any way to make it so that I could increase the time compression to 16x instead of 8x. I know that it's not a feature implimented into the game straight out of the box but if anyone could point me in the direction of where time compression is handled in the code I thought I might be able to increase the available time compression options.

Feel free to give me a slap in the face if this has been discussed before.

steve_v's Avatar Senior Member
    You cannot change the code or increase time beyond 8x. However, if you have a merged install, the skip function for PF also works in FB/AEP. This lowers the load on the graphics card and RAM.

All out of slaps. How about one of these?

Welcome to your new addiction.

I have IL-2 and FB but unfortunately I bought it before the Ace Expansion pack came out.

What's this about a skip function in PF? Am I missing something?

You can increase and decrease the speed at which things happen by using the '[' and ']' keys (I think those are defaults). If you get PF, there is actually an even better feature where the game goes dark and then compresses time to get you to the next waypoint faster. No quite as good as the CFS skip to next location thing but it beats flying manually.

Thanks, I just found that option in the controls set up. Had to assign it to a key but it works a lot better than the "[" and "]" keys. I'm still missing CFS2's time skip feature though.