I used to feel very itchy to buy Assassin's Creed 2 a while ago, however stopped by the requirement of permanent internet connection.

I bought HAWX 2 a while ago, but found the requirement of permanent internet connection. I forced Steam to issue a refund because they did not list such requirement on the UK store page.

Now after playing Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, I really like the game and I feel itchy to buy Assassin's Creed 2 again. However I'm still concerned by the requirement of permanent internet connection. I believe I've seen that requirement on Steam a while ago, but today I can't find it any more. Someone mentioned that such requirement was dropped by the end of last year, but I'm just not sure. Could anyone confirm this please?

Originally posted by voidshatter:
    Now after playing Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, I really like the game and I feel itchy to buy Assassin's Creed 2 again. However I'm still concerned by the requirement of permanent internet connection. I believe I've seen that requirement on Steam a while ago, but today I can't find it any more. Someone mentioned that such requirement was dropped by the end of last year, but I'm just not sure. Could anyone confirm this please?
    I think the DRM requirement for AC2 is still there, IMO. Though I'm not sure about the STEAM version, but all other Digital Shops still list the Internet connection requirement....

I think the DRM has only been 'relaxed' for Brotherhood, means the PC version of AC:B, after an initial login, will be playable offline in single player mode.

EDIT: I just found this info. Read the Last para i.e. Update 5 posted under this thread, by this trusted Author:

http://www.tweakguides.com/AC2_1.html

As promised by Ubisoft, after a period of time the requirement for this DRM to remain online at all times while playing AC2 has been patched out of the game. You now only need to be online during the initial activation, and for authentication at the start of each session, after which an active Internet connection is no longer necessary during gameplay.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Many thanks KingDaniel, that was very helpful