From What i understand its possible to bend your airplane during high speed dive recovery (exeeding VNO ?), in real life. From my experience with the Il2 series, the only thing that happends is wings breaking.

Is it possible to have a more "gradual" overstress modeling in Il2, or at least in BOB ?

From What i understand its possible to bend your airplane during high speed dive recovery (exeeding VNO ?), in real life. From my experience with the Il2 series, the only thing that happends is wings breaking.

Is it possible to have a more "gradual" overstress modeling in Il2, or at least in BOB ?

LEXX_Luthor's Avatar Senior Member
    BoB. That's something we can wait BoB for. We should be more concerned about getting some simplified PF maps before its too late. PF is the ultimate Pacific combat flight sim and it needs simplified maps allowing larger campaign areas.

Oh, its definitely possible A good friend of mine actually overstressed a T-34 four days ago (right after he pegged the VSI goin down). I also know an F-14 pilot that bent his tomcat decelerating through the sound barrier in a turn with the wings coming out. Both were able to continue their missions without incedent. This is a feature that should probably be modelled (and in a way is) but based on the fact that the pilot usually doesnt know that they did it or how much damage was caused until after they land, it really isnt too necessary, as the game isnt too concerned with keeping birds 'airworthy.' Its modelled in that just like in real life, nothing happens until you actually rip the wings off, not until you get on the ground and the maintenence department makes up names for you anyways.

Abbuzze's Avatar Senior Member
    If I remember correct Closterman feard to use his wingguns in a high speed dive, cause his plane was allready at the limit, and firing the guns would overstress the wings.
    Would also be a nice addition!