Ive looked at the Hyperlobby website, and Teamspeaks website but not sure what im s`posed to
    download and install in order to converse on hyperlobby

help guys

Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    Hyperlobby to fly.. Teamspeak to talk. See the Nugget's Guide in my sig.

I curse and say "please help me! Oh God, I'm gonna die!" a lot.

I shout "What are you doing?? Get back into formation!" every 30 seconds at some random member of my team.

T.

B16Enk's Avatar Senior Member
    Depends how tight my fishnets are.....ooops

Thanks Bearcat..sorted!

well been on a couple of servers since i got teammspeak..spend my time saying "Where`s the action?..Where`s the fight?...",

so far the only reply ive had has been " over here mate..."

On teamspeak, if you`re new to it, the wisest thing to do is say hello (so they know you`re there).

Then speak little, listen often. Bursting in with `where`s the fight? where`s the fight?` etc, will only annoy the regulars and you`ll notice it with the veiled sarcasm.

you could also try adding "Teamspeak Display" to your program list. its a little application that will tell you who is speaking.

Regardless of whether it's an open (or server supported) TS channel, there are definitive cliques that regulars tend to form. Breaking into them can be frustrating, especially considering that most servers ENCOURAGE the use of TeamSpeak to support better teamwork and mission-oriented flying instead of the typical DF furball.

Hang in there and continue joining. Once you're name is a bit more recognizable, you'll find those tight-lipped regulars a bit more forthcoming with information.

Additionally, i'd like to encourage you to read, understand and use the Brevity-code. You can find it here: http://www.simhq.com/_air/air_008a.html

Originally posted by TgD Thunderbolt56:
    Regardless of whether it's an open (or server supported) TS channel, there are definitive cliques that regulars tend to form. Breaking into them can be frustrating, especially considering that most servers ENCOURAGE the use of TeamSpeak to support better teamwork and mission-oriented flying instead of the typical DF furball.

Yep. that`s why it`s best to go in quietly. You have play a little `humility` like the young outsider wolf trying to join in the pack. It`s one of those things that happens in ALL group activities, not just TS.

Even though I`m an experienced online HL and teamspeak user, I still find that if I join any open TS server, i must go in quietly and speak only to say things like `Check 6`. Like you say, you`ve gotta give it time. You usually know you`re in when they ask for you by name in a sortie. It can happen within minutes or take several server visits.