cundo's Avatar Junior Member
    What is the best setting for MG?
    I have them at 100m

That sounds very close to me. I would suggest 200m, or more than that if you are a good shot.
    I like everything at 500m, but that means you must aim at eveything you shoot at, you can't just shoot 'from the hip' unless something's flying past your nose (in which case a bit of spread up close can be an advantage).

cundo's Avatar Junior Member
    thank you very much.

Originally posted by cundo:
    thank you very much.

LOOK AT THOSES CAVE MEN GO!

..... "Alley-Oop", Hollywood Argyles - great song.

ImMoreBetter's Avatar Senior Member
    It's a matter of preference.

For off-line I set it to 200-250m. As I am likely to get close.

For online I'll set it to 300m or more. I won't be as likely to get so close.

Also the plane you use is also a factor. Some guns have a farther bullet trajectory.

I wouldn't dare set some guns over 400m, but others I'll set to 400-600m.

Also consider the target you are attacking.

300m I might use for attacking bombers. But 100m I would use for attacking I-16s.

Well I used 200m for both cannons and mgs for years and had good success. Just the other day I decided to pull it in to 150m and its been terrific and devastating to my target. This has a lot to do with the individual and the settings they fly. I fly with pit on only for those that fly pit off for whatever reason will probably prefer their convergence pushed out to around 250 or 300 since its much easy to hit at range and those crazy off the wall deflection shots since you take away the pit that would be there in real life.

S!

stansdds's Avatar Senior Member
    I fly in cockpit only and set convergence at 300m, which is reasonably close to US practices of setting it at 300 yards.

Originally posted by Blutarski2004:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cundo:
    thank you very much.

LOOK AT THOSES CAVE MEN GO!

..... "Alley-Oop", Hollywood Argyles - great song. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Life on Mars", David Bowie, surely?

Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    If I am doing ground work then I go for 300-350.. for air to air I prefer 175-225.