What would you recommend for a decent/good headset, reasonably priced?

Are there any special considerations I need to know about?

All I've ever used is a VERY cheap hand held mike, which plugs into my SB Live Sound card.

I'm looking to buy a mike/headset to chat on Teamspeak for a one-time 'meeting/discussion' on some matters...not specifically for On-Line dogfighting/coops, or whatever.

However, I MIGHT at some time in the future be more active on-line, so I don't want just a cheapie headset for this one-time TS discussion/meeting. I also Might be recording, in teh future, some 'Radio-Telephone" comms and/or Narration/voice-overs for an FB Movie.

Any advice??

What would you recommend for a decent/good headset, reasonably priced?

Are there any special considerations I need to know about?

All I've ever used is a VERY cheap hand held mike, which plugs into my SB Live Sound card.

I'm looking to buy a mike/headset to chat on Teamspeak for a one-time 'meeting/discussion' on some matters...not specifically for On-Line dogfighting/coops, or whatever.

However, I MIGHT at some time in the future be more active on-line, so I don't want just a cheapie headset for this one-time TS discussion/meeting. I also Might be recording, in teh future, some 'Radio-Telephone" comms and/or Narration/voice-overs for an FB Movie.

Any advice??

Loki-PF's Avatar Senior Member
    Medusa 5.1 USB

Be sure

Sennheiser PC-150
    Slightly expensive but the sound quality is good enough for music (unlike for example Logitech).

https://magnum-pc.securewebsiteserver.net/product_info....b6ccedc72c3bab0651bd

Altec AHS 502 very nice and very clean audio

We also sell the Sennheiser complete line but have not added to the site yet...we're doing some massive changes and adding over 18,000 products *ack*!

Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    I use a Logitech USB one. I only use iot for comms in the sim so it works fine for me. Whatever you pick I highly recomend USB.

I use the Plantronic Audio90 headset:
    http://www.plantronics.com/north_america/en_US/products...QCQBGNUSFFAKAEZWQIV0

Good sound in and out. It's very light, and I can wear it for hours with no problems at all.

The microphone can easily be muted with the inline button - and incoming sound can be turned up and down as well. If you dont want to use the microphone, the boom can be bent up.

I use it with an Audigy2 soundcard.

PBNA-Boosher's Avatar Senior Member
    David & Clark makes good ones, but if you're looking for one for a PC, not an airplane, go Plantronics.

Done. Got myself a Plantronics 90 for $18.95. Seems to be working perfectly. Thanks for the advice.