S!

Ive been plaing 401 and i have the impression that 190a series lost power, i feel it like it have a slow acceleration and it is realy slow, some good soul have some tests and numbers about it?

Thanks

<O|

The speed seems to bleed far less than before thats a problem. Be sure to use trim makes some km/h in acceleration process.

Kwiatos's Avatar Senior Member
    For my opinion Fw190 in Fb/Pf has to weak acceleration.

It is both acceleration and deceleration maybe a result of the new fm. Relative performance to other planes maybe the reason for it as well.

It may be a little more sluggish but it seems to have improved significantly in other areas. Its over all handling/stability seems to have increased noticeably and buffeting in turns happens later than it used to.

Originally posted by 3.JG51_BigBear:
    It may be a little more sluggish but it seems to have improved significantly in other areas. Its over all handling/stability seems to have increased noticeably and buffeting in turns happens later than it used to.
    Agreed.

Kwiatos's Avatar Senior Member
    But still Fw190in 4.01is too forgiving in stall/spin characteristic.

Should be like these:

" Flight Characteristics

The Fw 190 is very much a "Pilot's" aircraft. It will reward the skilled operator, but will turn on the novice with great malice. It boasts superb control harmony and is very maneuverable, however, beware the accelerated stall. The aircraft will whip into a spin with almost no warning and recovery is quite challenging. Aileron turns are this aircraft's forte, but the actual turn rate is far less than a Spitfire, and comparable to a Mustang. The aircraft can outroll most of its competition but the stall characteristics make it difficult to turn with an adversary.

Stalls

A stall in the Fw 190 in clean configuration is sudden and comes without much warning and a sudden wing drop, so avoidance is the best policy. In the landing configuration, with flaps and gear down, there is more warning and the left wing will drop more gently. Accelerated stalls should be avoided completely, as the aircraft tends to snap roll the opposite direction and go into a spin. A very high level of situational awareness is required when flying this aircraft near its limits.

Spins

Like any high performance plane of this type, spins are not recommended. The aircraft will tend to lose a great deal of altitude if recovery is not immediate. Power-on spins are much worse; if the aircraft spins with power on, cut the power, neutralize the ailerons, and apply rudder opposite the direction of the spin.

Permissible Acrobatics

All acrobatics are permissible, with the exception of snap rolls and power-on spins.

I miss the stall characteristics of previous versions too.

I've read some conflicting info on it, some much different than the RAF test, so "realistic" stall is somewhat uncertain. I like the more difficult version though as a personal preference. If it is easy, everyone will fly it.

Fehler's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by faustnik:
    I miss the stall characteristics of previous versions too.

I've read some conflicting info on it, some much different than the RAF test, so "realistic" stall is somewhat uncertain. I like the more difficult version though as a personal preference. If it is easy, everyone will fly it.
    See you are being selfish! Everyone should fly the butcher bird!

Get out of those under-gunned, cramped little baby planes 109'ers! Give up your round-d-round fighting style! Rid yourselves of the grapefruit plunking Mk108's! See the Light!

LOL

Oh no Fehler, don't let it happen!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last ►►