View Poll Results: One of the strong points of this game is that it brings together many age groups. Because it does

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • When you have the "Classic Rap" radio station on a preset

0 0%
  • You remember the days before PC's

21 65.63%
  • You still think 8 tracks are a current technology

5 15.63%
  • What do you mean Big Band isn't modern music?

3 9.38%
  • You are considering getting one of those newfangled cars with the electric starter instead of the hand crank

3 9.38%

Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    When you feel that you are too old for play. Thats when you are old. As long as you can play...... you are still a kid at heart.

I had a few epiphanous moments though, where i realized that things were different...... one was while at Colubia University.. which used to be one of my accounts... I was looking at the freshmen coming in and I said to my self..."Geeeeze... that girl reminds me of my daughter...".. I had never really dug it before..... Another is seeing policemen and doctors who either look like they could be your kids, or look like they should still be in school (When you are young you dont notice that because they look like you....) another is hearing music you grew up with described as "oldies"... or having some sweet young thing call you sir as you are comenting to yourself about how good she looks...... or ..one day while I was working my PT gig at Best Buy which I have taken a hiatus from BTW... I was playing "You Can Call Me Al" by Paul Simon and one kid says "That's kinda nice who is that.. I like that old stuff." I say "Thats Paul Simon.." The kid goes..." Paul Simon??!!! Who the h@ll is Paul Simon??!!!" Another time I was doing my Cagney impersonation (It's quite good... I even have a Cagney/Kennedy hybrid...."Eaahhsk not what yuah country can do fah yeouuu mmmmmm eaaahhsk what you can do faheuah county...mmmm you duirty rhhaaaat"... or somethuing like that...) anyway... I had already done Bill Clinton... whom the recognized... and George Bush.. whom the recognized..... and of course Ahhhhnold.. whom they also recognized... when I did Cagney they looked at me blankly... I go "What you don't like my James Cagney?" and they go..... "Who's James Cagney?" .... yeah.... that made me feel old ...... for a few minutes.....

Originally posted by Bearcat99:
    When you feel that you are too old for play. Thats when you are old. As long as you can play...... you are still a kid at heart.

"One does not stop playing because one grows old, One grows old because one stops playing." dont remember who said that

Hmmm...I always wondered why my grandparents seemed to enjoy the tinny sounding recordings from the 30's. And why my parents thought the "Doo-Whop" sound of the 50's was "cool."

You know you're old when (really) old tunes seem like you heard them for the first time...yesterday. Is that why I like the groups from the 70's? How can they call that "classic..." Oh, well.

LOL @ Bearcat...good description of the Cagney/Kennedy thing.

* _54th_Speeder *

"When I was 32 and two young ladies I worked with offered a 3 way fun time, I panicked and ran home quickly to my wife"

eh did i get this right? more then age you have to worry about i think

ploughman's Avatar Senior Member
    I helped my other half out with a school related thing on Monday and as a consequence I was exposed to a class of 13 year old females. 70% of them were taller than me. I'm not super lofty, but at 5 foot 8 I thought I would have been taller than more than 30% of a group of only-just-teenage-girls. Not only did I feel old, I felt underfed.

I have to say though, two bright young things offering a bit of triple action? I understand you fleeing back to your wife in panic but...who'da man? You da man. Grrrr.

I stopped into a music store in my local mall last year and asked the clerk where I could find their Neil Young stuff. "Never heard of him" was the answer, followed by a computer check that uncovered the sad information that they were not carrying any of Neil's music in the store. I'm still recovering from the shock.

Anyway, old is in the head. I'm 44 and in many ways I don't feel much different to 24.

If i had as many posts as Bearcat,I would feel old.
    I didnt think these forums were around that long ago.I mean,It must have taken yyyears to get that many frikin posts.

Originally posted by NAFP_supah:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bearcat99:

"One does not stop playing because one grows old, One grows old because one stops playing." dont remember who said that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who ever that said

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►