Ladies and gents
    I am not a pilot that is extreamly concerned with stats, but as a mathmatician, i am concerned. I see stat pages with kill/death ratio, gun accuracy, ground objects destroyed, kills, deaths, ships sunk, freindly kills, as well as many more. These stats are nice and quite interesting, but they tell us nothing about the pilot, as a pilot. Anyone can get 1000 kills if they play for 1000 hrs. Anyone can get a kill death of 500/1 if they kill then bail right after so no one can shoot them down. Anyone can sink 100 ships or 1000 ground objects given enought time. My goal was to find out how a pilot fairs overall on a per sortie basis. Everytime a pilot goes out, how well does he or she take care of business and try to make it home, or make an impact in the game.(cause it is a game). What i developed is a system to rate pilots, much similar to the quarterback rating of the NFL. Some would say this is inaccurate and what can it do for the game. Well i believe for the stat trackers it can help alot, and as for inaccurate, kill death ratios are inaccurate, because you can cheat your way to higher averages, by not being a pilot(bailing when someone gets on you so you don't die, actions of a weak game player). This method will fix that. If you are a stat tracker, it can help pinpoint what areas, one may need to improve,(we will eventually have bar graphs for each individual rating that is calculated into main pilot rating with sheets of 20 sorted by that particular individual rating, ie completed sorties). This rating system is not based on hours flown, it is based simply on sorties fown, and the aggregate average, of all actions taken during each sortie flown. In order to get a good accurate rating, fly a min of 100 sorties, you will notice at our stat pages how the pilots are sorted. Anyway here is a link to how it works.

http://oc77th.com/modules.php?name=C...showpage&pid=2

here is a link to the stat sight. you will notice a rating in the top 10's, then when you click on overall stats on left, you will see how the pilot ratings are sorted, as explained on websight. If you ckick on each pilot you will see his or her rating at the top.

http://70.86.90.122/il2sc/

Server is in HL Pacific Theater.
    give it a try what is you rating.

Our pilots are gonna hate it, cuz most of us don't pay attention to stats lol. fly till we die. any questions or scepticisms let me know.

Ladies and gents
    I am not a pilot that is extreamly concerned with stats, but as a mathmatician, i am concerned. I see stat pages with kill/death ratio, gun accuracy, ground objects destroyed, kills, deaths, ships sunk, freindly kills, as well as many more. These stats are nice and quite interesting, but they tell us nothing about the pilot, as a pilot. Anyone can get 1000 kills if they play for 1000 hrs. Anyone can get a kill death of 500/1 if they kill then bail right after so no one can shoot them down. Anyone can sink 100 ships or 1000 ground objects given enought time. My goal was to find out how a pilot fairs overall on a per sortie basis. Everytime a pilot goes out, how well does he or she take care of business and try to make it home, or make an impact in the game.(cause it is a game). What i developed is a system to rate pilots, much similar to the quarterback rating of the NFL. Some would say this is inaccurate and what can it do for the game. Well i believe for the stat trackers it can help alot, and as for inaccurate, kill death ratios are inaccurate, because you can cheat your way to higher averages, by not being a pilot(bailing when someone gets on you so you don't die, actions of a weak game player). This method will fix that. If you are a stat tracker, it can help pinpoint what areas, one may need to improve,(we will eventually have bar graphs for each individual rating that is calculated into main pilot rating with sheets of 20 sorted by that particular individual rating, ie completed sorties). This rating system is not based on hours flown, it is based simply on sorties fown, and the aggregate average, of all actions taken during each sortie flown. In order to get a good accurate rating, fly a min of 100 sorties, you will notice at our stat pages how the pilots are sorted. Anyway here is a link to how it works.

http://oc77th.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=2

here is a link to the stat sight. you will notice a rating in the top 10's, then when you click on overall stats on left, you will see how the pilot ratings are sorted, as explained on websight. If you ckick on each pilot you will see his or her rating at the top.

http://70.86.90.122/il2sc/

Server is in HL Pacific Theater.
    give it a try what is you rating.

Our pilots are gonna hate it, cuz most of us don't pay attention to stats lol. fly till we die. any questions or scepticisms let me know.

small error on sight gonna have to fix it tonight but you should get picture

F19_Ob's Avatar Senior Member
    I only use stats to see if I got the plane I bounced or left damaged.
    I try not to follow enemies down, giving up my energy.

Problem with stats is like u mentioned the lack of details.
    Stats are often missleading and may give the less observant totally wrong info.
    One example:
    When a friendly is in trouble I often spray after the chasing enemy to make him break off or kill, often from long ranges.
    I also often fly inferior planes compared to the opposition and often are forced to fire from too long ranges to get some firing opportunities at all.
    I often also use my tracers to force an enemy to maneuver (from long ranges, again )so I can improve my situation and get closer and/or a better angle.
    Now this ofcourse ruins my hitpercentage vs shots fired. The stats tells me that I missed a lot.

When talking about hitpercentage vs shots fired, one must also take into acount the weapontypes.

A short burst of 30mm canonfire kills most target with lowest possible rounds, but a Gladiator might need most of his ammoload to down a fighter.
    Kill deathratio is also something that cant be used to compare or determine the best pilot.
    Too many variables.
    A Bf109 K4 pilot has a lot easier time than a il-2 pilot etc......

so people should view stats with sound contemplating, and just for fun.

your right f19-ob most stats wont give you an indications of how you fly overall, but given enough sorties, you will get more accurate averages of how you fly. I plan on having graphs of each rating and how you compare to other pilots in the same areas. It takes alot into account, and you can tell the people who want to be pilots as opposed to the fly till you die pilots. I agree, that stats should be for fun, but lately competitions have been run, where unsuitable stats are used to guage the best pilot. I am confident that this is the only fair way to guage pilots. I have studied stats and averages for all sorts of things. And i know this, everything has a rating, the chair you sit in, the pc you are using, the games you are playing, the toaster you toast with. It is a way to find out how one object compares to another. I will have it more detailed in the future. But give it a fair shot.

Interesting thoughts justiceboy. I like the feedback of stats and how it can challenge me to perform better.

You're exactly right. Numbers by themselves are meaningless without some context. Most stats I have seen, however, do provide the number of sorties. But you are quite right about bails and what not (which are not an issue with my hosting as folks are always required to land, and can only bail if legit - damaged plane, out of fuel, etc).

Anyway, one of the stats I like is Survival Rate (Total # Sorties - Deaths/Total # Sorties) x 100.

I have seen folks calculate averages like points per sortie, kills per sortie, and even detail stats like bullet hit percentages. There's certainly a lot to record if one is fascinated with numbers.

I like to check my hit % as a simple guide on my own gunnery skills. I do the same thing when I go to the shooting range and pop clays, silhouettes or simple downrange marksmanship. I reload and like to keep a log of what works and what doesn't.

Having said that, the reality is as a 'comparison' of pilots there is little that it proves. If you're a diehard mudmover (I know some of the best there are btw) then your survival rate is going to be lower than a dedicated fighter-jock...typically.

There are too may intangibles not considered in the stats generation to use it as an accurate tool to delineate pilot quality.

TB

Although I am a statistics freak since ever, I don't like statistics in a non-arcade flight simulator. They are perfect for sports, but a simulator is not a sport and there is no reason you should compare yourself to anyone else. Serious flight simulators are like good Role-Playing Games. You play a character, a pilot, and try to follow your orders, use your flying abilities, your intelligence and your experience to carry out these orders, but first make sure you survive. In that Stats have no place.

And as i said JusticeBoy i am a Stats freak. I can collect data and do graphs all day watching sports, but in a sim . A simple "max total consecutive kills and landing" would be fine .

Neural, all things you said considered, it is a game, and games are played to win, for fun, or for determaning ones skill level. What i have done is determine what is important to the GAME PLAYING aspect. People call it a sim, and that it is, but in all acuality it is a game. I just made sense of all the numbers i see. as you will notice it doesn't matter how many kills you have, or how long you have played to have the better rating. If pilots want to increase there rating, they can notice the change after a few sorties, and slowly climb, or fall down the list. Playing for hours won't keep you at the top of the list on our stat pages like it will other stat pages. it gets rediculous to see the pilots who play all day at the top of the list as if they are the better pilots. If you noticed I am not concerned with my stats as a pilot, as much as i am as a mathmatician. When i see a #1 in front of a pilot, it needs to be there for a better reason than just, i am off all week and will play all day.
    anyway appreciate the feedback Neural and no need to get , some like it, others don't, we all have our preferance, perhaps i see you in the skies sometime.

BaldieJr's Avatar Senior Member
    I play games to pass time. Winning is no more a treat to me than someone picking up the phone when I call them.

But I'm a nutjob. Your results may vary.