SolidSage's Avatar Senior Member
    My idea is for varying modes to allow adversarial or friendly story co-op options.
    The advent of Assassin Recruits in AC:B has really set the stage for multiple player actions in the SP mode.

So, i start my campaign in private, this allows only friends to pop in and out of my game, but not in a join my campaign kind of way, they continue to play their campaign.
    Dotted around the city's will be buildings available as Assassin bases, you no longer convert/upgrade the entire city, just one specific location in the city of your choosing and then outposts or embassys in other citys.
    At your HQ you can access message traffic, pigeon couriers etc. A map will show locations of your friends in the Creed world at any given time but will only be available AT HQ. This will facilitate a living environment, you wont just be able to track your buddy on a radar and close on him, you will have to access the map then travel to the city he/she was in. From there, information trails will be available as a mini game, if he left the city while you were enroute you will be able to track him through purchasing info, interogatting witnesses, listening to town criers etc. This will allow for a game within the game.
    At any time, if you were to inhabit the same location in your games at the same time, you will be able to see and interact with each other, assist or interfere with campaign missions, trade items, perhaps steal items and so on.
    Of course the option could be turned off if you just want your campaign solo.
    Now if you really want to attack the game MP you can just shoot a message through courier OR chat with each other and arrange to meet at a location, go there and progress.

Combat would be just like in the SP except you never get to kill each other, if you play as adversaries a kill is just a serious injury for the loser who is then returned to health or extracted/saved from death by recruits.

Mini games would include TAG, and this could be a game that spans the whole story, seeing how difficult it could be to track each other, tag exchanges would likely occur infrequently and would just be a nice friendly addendum to the serious story aspect (or to make it more fun, a tag is a marking of the player as notorious, so its a trade off of AI hassle ), Parkour over full map roof tops will deliver endless fun.
    Races on foot (or horse), kill competetions, races to/for assassinations (first to target location gets the handicap of having to take on the security detail which may allow player 2 to slide in and snake the assassination), supporting each other during pivotal story moments instead of using recruits.
    I really like the idea of a comprehensive MP mode that allows for capturing of Assassins after they get defeated by guards and that in turn requiring the immediate attention of other players for a rescue attempt.

Obviously this would take a lot of work and time is needed to develop all these features, but for now, surely the ability for players to piggy back into each others campaign would be easy, especially since the AI responses have already been built for the Recruit interference, now it would just be player commanded, even if they did not allow for player to player combat yet or just allowed for the exisitng MP style interaction between players, just being able to free roam and interact with the AI as a pair or more would be fanatastic.

DavisP92's Avatar Senior Member
    aign would be easy, especially since the AI responses have already been built for the Recruit interference, now it would just be player commanded, even if they did not allow for player to player combat yet or just allowed for the exisitng MP style interaction between players, just being able
    interesting idea, although i'm not sure if ur saying allow one of the recruits to be played by a gamer. instead I would like to have a coop story different from the SP story.

Not one where u can't play without a friend but one with a story that revolves around two assassins (atair's sons) and they journey.

I would love a co-op story but the downside with that, like in SCC is that you get a smaller campaign, unless it was released as a stand alone game.

My idea is not that you play a recruit, you both play your own SP campaign,(with your customized version of Ezio or whatever suit youve unlocked) but get to interact with other players at the same time. So when in my story, I have to go and infiltrate the Castel, You can stray away from your campaign for a bit and come with me and help or hinder my progress...if i chose to allow MP interaction with my SP game.

I think the reason co-op story driven games have taken a long time to evolve is because its a risk to build JUST a co-op campaign from a Publishers financial perspective AND they havent figured out how to develop a game/story that allows for easy drop in and out.
    Gears does it well but thats just a shooter with limited player actions really.

It has to be f
    Developed in a way where the absence of player 2 doesnt reaquire an AI stand in, and for me, i think building a SP story that allows for support (like AC:B and its recruits) rather than story required co-op is the way to do it.

Id hate to see Ubi diversify the production too much and then have one mode or the other suffer because of it.
    Again, you wouldnt play as a recruit, you would be Ezio too (or Altair, or Desmond or Noble Ezio or Raiden, etc), but you would take the place of the recruits as far as your interaction with AI in my campaign. Im not saying you would only be able to do arrow storm etc, but the AI has now been programmed to deal with other attacks than my Ezio so there is no reason you couldnt bum rush onto my screen and deal with a group of Guards thats making my life difficult.

iN3krO's Avatar Banned
    guards making your life dificult? Are you talking about ac1? if you are not you are better to remove those words LOOL...

Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
    guards making your life dificult? Are you talking about ac1? if you are not you are better to remove those words LOOL...
    Ha ha, I hear you. I was just acting under the presumption that ACR would correct the WAY TOO EASY AI issue (without taking away all my awesome weapons).
    We really need the Templar knights to come back, OR Templar Agents from MP to come in and be bad dudes.

iN3krO's Avatar Banned
    Originally posted by SolidSage:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
    Ha ha, I hear you. I was just acting under the presumption that ACR would correct the WAY TOO EASY AI issue (without taking away all my awesome weapons).
    We really need the Templar knights to come back, OR Templar Agents from MP to come in and be bad dudes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's not just guards AI that needs fix... our weapons/techniques needs tweks and maybe some downgrades to fit AC porpuse (starting on hidden blade that should be not support combo attacks but only counter/killstreak and assassinate of ppl with their guard down... oh and the AI should fix that you can assassinate up to 6 guards 3x2 before you start doing combos but if dev team remove combos it would be easy to make guards AI against hidden blade like ac1)