Since I chose to stick my nose in a place it didn't belong (in the Pvt. Ryan/Enemy at the Gates thread) I would just like to apologize publicly to Skunk_438RCAF for the response I gave to him. I would also like to say that in doing this I violated one of my squadron rules, without even thinking , to "not start or get involved with arguments in the game lobbies or forums.". This is the only time that I have done this and I do not wish to represent my squadron in this manner and only hope that you do not judge my squadron by my actions in that thread. This has taken a lot for me to come out and say. I hope you all understand.

On a lighter note...I have been flying Il2 since the demo and STILL something happens that has never happened before. Well, for the first time, since I am getting used to my new Franken Potato ( which is wicked cool btw) I remapped a lot of my buttons. My squadron leader and I were practicing this past Thursday and as I was covering him from above he dove down on three 190's. I accidentally bumped my new toggle engine button Well, after several attempts I just could not get this thing restarted so my squadron leader, who was hosting the server for just he and I, shut the server down. Talk about embarrassing. I have been flying this thing for 6 years and sometimes I still feel like "the new guy".

JadehawkII's Avatar Senior Member
    I never read the thread, but it takes class to come up to bat and offer an apology like this. Respect is not a privilege, but something earned and I respect your actions posted here.

As in what our English friends would say way back then, GOOD SHOW LAD!

Never saw thread, but only a gentleman apologies honourably. So well done!

Maybe it`s best to use a different forum name to the squad you`re in? Then you can argue away with wild abandon without besmirching your squad name!

Choctaw,

The only apology you owe is to yourself for wasting your valuable time trying to sort out an ungrateful adolescent.

Just unbelievable some of the stuff that pops up on the web.

Hey dont sweat it Choctaw. When I wrote that response to mr azato I was actually expecting someone to come out with something along the lines of what you posted.

As I said, its no biggie. But I salute you for your honesty. Hey next time I'm online in HL maybe I'll come in to the same room you are in and cover your butt.

Cheers!

Haigotron's Avatar Senior Member
    Choctaw,

Just unbelievable some of the stuff that pops up on the web.
    those martha stewart website are permanently in my favorites, thank you very much sir!

Esel1964's Avatar Senior Member
    Choctaw and I PM fairly regularly,so,I'd like to say I know him and his integrity,and he is the closest thing to a modern-day highly honorable knight,that I've ever known.

Jadehawk-"I never read the thread, but it takes class to come up to bat and offer an apology like this. Respect is not a privilege, but something earned and I respect your actions posted here.

As in what our English friends would say way back then, GOOD SHOW LAD!"

He's just being himself,if he sees a wrong,he will right it.I'm proud to call him friend.

You have done nothing that we all have not done at one point or another. Human emotions step in and at times one will say something they later wish they did not, its a simple fact of life. So a big salute to you for owning up to it. Although I dont think you needed to apologize infront of the entire community, its a very mature gesture nonetheless.

I read your remarks and personally I dont see what was so wrong with what you said? Defending a forum vet? Nothing wrong with that. Looks like Skunk owes an apology as well. But thats just my opinion, Im not looking to fire up an argument.

S!

Didn't see the original thread either but you are a class act Choctaw. Good show mate!

I have been flying this thing for 6 years and sometimes I still feel like "the new guy".
    I find when I take a week or 2 or 3 off, I come back playing better for some reason. I cant explain it. Sometime a break is in order. Flight stress?