It is all know that in the game Mk 5 hispano requires much smaller lead angle than MG 151. But from the statistics I collected from Internet, I found the muzzle velocity of 151 is 950m/s (15mm version, mounted on F4) and 800m/s(20mm), but that of Mk 5 hispano is only 720m/s. This indicates that 151 should has smalller lead angle than hispano, not like in the game. The same problem is with MK 108, whose muzzle velocity should be 540m/s, but the lead angle required for 108 is super big in the game.

Regardless of the fire power issue, Oleg should really check this out. It makes 151, 108 more difficult to perform a deflection hit than hispano.

If there is anyting wrong in my words, plesse rectify me.

I/JG53_jermin

It is all know that in the game Mk 5 hispano requires much smaller lead angle than MG 151. But from the statistics I collected from Internet, I found the muzzle velocity of 151 is 950m/s (15mm version, mounted on F4) and 800m/s(20mm), but that of Mk 5 hispano is only 720m/s. This indicates that 151 should has smalller lead angle than hispano, not like in the game. The same problem is with MK 108, whose muzzle velocity should be 540m/s, but the lead angle required for 108 is super big in the game.

Regardless of the fire power issue, Oleg should really check this out. It makes 151, 108 more difficult to perform a deflection hit than hispano.

If there is anyting wrong in my words, plesse rectify me.

I/JG53_jermin

Jetbuff's Avatar Senior Member
    Muzzle velocity is only part of the equation. Lighter, less aerodynamic rounds will lose speed a lot faster than heavier more 'pointy' projectiles.

Also, are you sure about those numbers? I have completely different numbers according to this source:
    http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaver...n/fgun-pe.html

WOLFMondo's Avatar Senior Member
    The only MkV Hispano is on the Tempest AI model. All the others are MKII's. The MkV muzzle velocity is 840 m/s too. Probably the best 20mm of WW2.

Just presume your statistics is correct. 151's muzzle velocity is 700~750 and hispano's is 750. But I dont see big difference between these figures. However in the game 151 requires more than 2 time lead angle than hispano does. Is it possible?

PS: I usually fire at less than 200m in my 109.

And what's more, the 108 muzzle velocity in that page is 600-650, which is a little higher than my stats. This nuber is very close to 151, but in the game you can clearly see the diffrence.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WOLFMondo:
    The only MkV Hispano is on the Tempest AI model. All the others are MKII's. The MkV muzzle velocity is 840 m/s too. Probably the best 20mm of WW2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

MK II is much slower than 151. I dont quite familiar with spit. Then whats the cannon mounted on spitfire?

HayateAce's Avatar Banned
    Yes I agree with you, the 151 is much simpler to hit with than the Hispano. Luftnards were getting shot down too much online so oleg adjusted for gameplay.

G A M E P L A Y

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HayateAce:
    Luftnards were getting shot down too much </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that true? One spit now can T&B 5 German fighters without any problem. Everytime I encounter a spit at the same altitude my first manuever is bound to be split-s, then dive and escape. Flying spit requies only 1/10 skills than that of German fighters. That is why so many people prefer German fighters. Balance the game like this will only make spitfire a beginner's plane.

If Marseille flew the 109 F4 in the game to fight spitfire V, He would had been dead for millions of times.

robban75's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jermin122:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HayateAce:
    Luftnards were getting shot down too much </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that true? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good heavens no! HayateAce just has a lot of biased opinions.

csThor's Avatar Senior Member
    Small correction robban - Haya is the personification of bias

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... Last ►►