Thread: Error during installation Far cry | Forums

  1. #1
    with OS win7, during installation i'm unable to intall the game as the error 1603: fatal error during installation Consult windows installer help (Msi.chm) or MSDN for information.

    Please let me know what needs to be done to install to the game.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  2. #2
    pennygod's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff NCSA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    556
    Hey preetc



    The game does have some administrator issues when trying to install and run it on Win 7. Make sure that you are using an account profile that has full administrator privileges. Also try right clicking the setup.exe and selecting Run as Administrator.
    Share this post

  3. #3
    justinpunny's Avatar Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    723
    Originally posted by pennygod:
    The game does have some administrator issues when trying to install and run it on Win 7. Make sure that you are using an account profile that has full administrator privileges. Also try right clicking the setup.exe and selecting Run as Administrator.
    Really ? You again started making vague assumptions, and giving confusing answers ? The above error has nothing to do with any ADMIN rights.

    This error occurs because of the Install shield wizard being corrupt, and/or there is some problem with the Windows Installer software. I did a Google search, and in all the websites/Forums it has been told that the above Error is due to some incompatible/corrupt Windows File, or maybe the Game Installer itself is corrupt.

    If he is Not having any Admin rights, then he will get some other Error message, not the above mentioned one. No offense intended.

    @preetc,

    Try this method which I'm giving below.

    Click Start > Run
    2) Type msiexec /unreg and press enter and wait until it appears to have
    finished.
    3) Go back to Start > Run
    4) Type msiexec /regserver and press enter.
    5) Try to install the game again.




    --------
    Share this post

  4. #4
    EliteCamper's Avatar Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10
    @Justinpunny,

    Yes, you are Correct.

    I suggest you and all others ignore the suggestions/replies posted by this support guy "pennygod", if he continues to post in a similar fashion across all the Ubi TECH forums. You should report the posting made instead.

    There is a report button (triangle mark) at the bottom of each post for this. we will also do the same, because the more people complain, the better. No offense intended from our side either.

    The Forum Admin/Manager will look into this issue.

    End of discussion.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    justinpunny's Avatar Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    723
    Originally posted by EliteCamper:
    @Justinpunny,

    Yes, you are Correct.

    I suggest you and all others ignore the suggestions/replies posted by this support guy "pennygod", if he continues to post in a similar fashion across all the Ubi TECH forums. You should report the posting made instead.

    There is a report button (triangle mark) at the bottom of each post for this. we will also do the same, because the more people complain, the better. No offense intended from our side either.

    The Forum Admin/Manager will look into this issue.

    End of discussion.
    Alright, thanks for your support and message. I will do as you and others say.

    Cheers.
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by preetc Go to original post
    with OS win7, during installation i'm unable to intall the game as the error 1603: fatal error during installation Consult windows installer help (Msi.chm) or MSDN for information.

    Please let me know what needs to be done to install to the game.
    if you are installing from a dvd, just UNCHECK both the boxes when it says "INSTALL DIRECT X 9 b & INSTALL ADOBE READER 6". Installed fine when i did it & played for an hour. works perfectly fine. enjoy.
    Share this post